V11 Tank bag install

stucatz

So I got a great deal on a complete set of used luggage for the V11.

I figured out how to install the saddle bags (Teckno) but the tank bag which I believe to be Givi (Moto Guzzi logo) is stumping me on the front straps.

Where are they supposed to be wrapped around? If you follow the protection padding they seem to be pointed towards the tips on the front of the tank.

I'm thinking maybe the steering frame, over and around?

This may or may not help as I have a different tank bag. The front straps on my bag go around the frame steering head. between the top and botton fork mounts.

This may or may not help as I have a different tank bag

I even have a slightly different bike :grin: but anyway my straps go below the steering head, above/in front of the upper fittings for the subframe. I can't think of many other ways to design it. I always take care not to interfere with the steering, end stops, cables and such little things :unsure:

I even have a slightly different bike :grin: but anyway my straps go below the steering head, above/in front of the upper fittings for the subframe. I can't think of many other ways to design it. I always take care not to interfere with the steering, end stops, cables and such little things :unsure:

I have the original Guzzi tank bag (with logo and the whole 9 yards) and I strap it around the steering head.

As Raz says make sure that the straps don't interfere with the cables. Pretty much straight forward.

Cheers

Søren

I wrapped mine around the frame... tuck the extra length of the straps back up under the bag or it will flap like crazy in the wind.

IMHO - the tank bag is probably more hassle than it is worth - especially for long trips, since you have to remove it every time you need to fill the tank.

I must've removed and replaced that thing 200+ times on my trip to California and back this year.

These pics aren't the best, but you get the idea...

various011.jpg

various015.jpg

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally165.jpg

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally035.jpg

I wrapped mine around the frame... tuck the extra length of the straps back up under the bag or it will flap like crazy in the wind.

IMHO - the tank bag is probably more hassle than it is worth - especially for long trips, since you have to remove it every time you need to fill the tank.

I must've removed and replaced that thing 200+ times on my trip to California and back this year.

These pics aren't the best, but you get the idea...

various011.jpg

various015.jpg

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally165.jpg

TriptoMGNOC2008NationalRally035.jpg

Hey Sean, those look like nice saddle bags. What brand are they and were did you get them? Nice bike by the way. I have a Coppa also. I crashed it a few weeks ago but I have got it back to just about 100%. Still looks great!

Mike

Hey Sean, those look like nice saddle bags. What brand are they and were did you get them? Nice bike by the way. I have a Coppa also. I crashed it a few weeks ago but I have got it back to just about 100%. Still looks great!

Mike

Mike-

Thanks for the compliment. They are the Hepco+Becker "Junior" series bags. The side cases are 30 liters and the top case is 45 liters. They also make the side cases in 40 liters.

I am pretty sure you can get them from any of the GOOD Guzzi dealers, and I happened to get mine from MG Cycle (entire parts catalog is online)

http://mgcycle.com/

I am totally ham fisted, and even I was able to do the installation by myself. The only actual work was notching the fender under the seat for the stabilizing bar - easy work with a dremel.

Sorry to hear about your crash - but is sounds like you are okay and the bike is/will be okay.

Sean