Cleaning Solution Recommendation for Engine/ Ti Exhaust

mznyc

Went out for a ride a few weeks ago and it was intermittently raining.I live on a gravel road and she got some mud on her sump case, oil rad and exhaust.Forgot to clean her and got busy for a few weeks,now the stuff's baked on.I usually use a dilluted mixture of Simple Green and water.Wouldn't take some of the heavier crud off like it normally would.

What else would loosen some of the baked on stuff ,that won't damage the paint or stain the Ti's?Anybody use anything more abrasive than a sponge to wipe off stuff and get in the nooks and crannies that won't scratch?

Thanks,

Michael

S100.

+1 Just used it yesterday. Not sure what it would do (if anything other than clean) the Ti cans. I use it primarily on the engine/drivetrain and to rid bodywork of baked on bugs. Spray on cool engine, let it sit a few minutes (don't want it to dry), and rinse off. I usually take a small, stiff paintbrush and scrub a little on the really bad spots before rinsing.

Oh ya,used to use that exclusively till I found SG cuse it was cheaper.I'll order some up online.Where do you guys get yers?I think I used to get mine from Dennis Kirk pre-internet days,don't know if their still the cheapest.

As far as stuff available at any auto parts stores,anybody try a Gunk-type solution?Just wondering what that would do to paint

Thanks

You guys talking about S100 Engine Brightener, or S100 cleaner?

As far as SG, I sometimes mix it half and half with kerosene, just shake it in the bottle and it ends up like a fairly stable emulsion, still water soluble.

You guys talking about S100 Engine Brightener, or S100 cleaner?

As far as SG, I sometimes mix it half and half with kerosene, just shake it in the bottle and it ends up like a fairly stable emulsion, still water soluble.

I've been using the cleaner. Never tried the brightener. I get mine from a sorta local (25 miles) shop.