I have been given about 300(circa 1964-88) record albums from a friend. I then spent about $200 getting the tunntable connected to my hi-tech 5.1 digital moneypit. I then turned on Ted Nugent .The record was warped just enough the first song was over in about three skips.second was my favorite..."Motor City Madhouse"... Hmmm, I don't remember this much noise? Second,third,fourth and fifth lp. Same results. A.M. radio in a lightning storm sound quality.

After ten or more of these ( I like to be sure) same results I resigned myself to listening to the c.d.s and looking at the cool album covers. These things did appeared more alive when I was younger and smoking Kentucky's other cash crop.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. At least I was able to give The Pink Floyd,AC/DC,Black Sabbath lps to my girlfriend's sons for conversation pieces.

And to Belfastguzzi, there is a "Mountain" double lp if you want it.

p.s. I found out cats and turntables do NOT mix!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very funny that your post 'skipped' too!

Very funny that your post 'skipped' too!

As it happens, I just bought an old vinyl Blood Sweat and Tears, in a 2nd hand bookshop. 40,000 Headmen will, I'm quite convinced, now sound just as it should, just as it did, once upon a special time.

The iTunes BS&T download didn't quite hit the spot in the same way.

Nor did the digital Mountain tracks: not quite. I'm sure they need the vinyl, but perhaps it's best to keep imagining that, rather than put it to the test?

(No, I'd be very pleased to get my mits on it. I'll pm.)

Don't forget, you've potentially got 300 (em, 299) hand-modeled plastic flowerpots there. Fire-up the oven.

click

click

click

click

click

click

click

click

Guest frankdugo

gs,go the whole 9yd. & get a amp-rec just for the turntable .takes awhile to get back into but except for guzzi nothing gives as much satisfaction as old vinyl---yeah i know i'm old bastxxx

---yeah i know i'm old bastxxx
...I'm not the only record user

Record user?

Is that a quaint Scots term for 'old bastxxx'

i suppose yours flips the cassette around when it changes from side 1 to side 2 ? My buddy had one and i think he would beat off every time it did this...

No it does not flip them it's called a Dragon can't say what I paid back in '82 it's too painful

YEOW!!!!

I didn't know Nakamichi was THAT high end ! I did find one on ebay "still in the box" for $900 buy it now. I don't have that many casettes.

I remember the Nakamichi Dragon was "the reference" in magazine tests for years and years. It's got to be the best cassette deck ever produced.