I bought a preamp for my turntable when I got the 5.1 receiver and to me analog recordings have a warmth that CD's lack.

Totally. that harmonic distortion brings life to the recordings.

CDs sound pristine but they do miss something...

I also think the passage to CD, as a musician, meant you did loose the "dramatic" impact of placing the songs in just the right order and using the two sides in an elaborate way to ensure maximum enjoyment of your songs for the happy fan :)

And having about 1 hour of music, without any pause is, for me at least, too much time.

Now, with an Ipod on random order, Pharell can play a song and might be followed by Alicia Keys or Underworld. It's interesting but makes albums less like a full experience. And the digital download era has killed the idea of the album anyway (people buy two, three songs at most).

Yeah, analog sounds better :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked in Saudi at the time running a TV studio those were the days they paid pots of money and the Rial rocketed against the pound. When I went there it was six to the pound when I left it was two, you also got paid for 13 mths and 90 days holiday, wow those were the days what the hell I'm I doing here.

I guess you spent most of the money drinking , chasing women and squandered the rest?

Yeah you guessed it never drunk so much before, I even used to make non-alcoholic beer alcoholic again! and the women were plentyful, nurses, air hostesses, teachers all single and lonely, I wish I had spent my time buying 70's supercars cause you could pick them up for very little, I had some American pals that worked for Saudia Air spent their time buying Maserati's

Yeah you guessed it never drunk so much before, I even used to make non-alcoholic beer alcoholic again! and the women were plentyful, nurses, air hostesses, teachers all single and lonely, I wish I had spent my time buying 70's supercars cause you could pick them up for very little, I had some American pals that worked for Saudia Air spent their time buying Maserati's

better investments than the women and the booze but then, the memories right, the memories :grin:

I can only imagine such a life. :P:

Hey Mac, there's a problem with your story

– if you can remember it, you weren't there!

(The other day I mentioned Gong to Jihem and he can't remember seeing them

– so we know that he was definitely there!)

(The other day I mentioned Gong to Jihem and he can't remember seeing them

– so we know that he was definitely there!)

lol...quite true indeed!

Some concerts back then (i'm speaking 70's while the expression David uses is a quote about the 60's but that's fine by me) would be completely smoked by the people in the concert hall that, even if you were a non-smoker, you ended up very stoned indeed... but actually, I do remember a Toots And The Maytals concert in Finsbury Park (London) where the air would be just one giant ganja cloud...

toots_maytals_smoking_std.jpg

I'm pretty sure Jaap or any of the dutch riders here could tell us funny stories about gigs in de Vondel Park or at the Melkweg :)