Convert Center Stand to a Shop Stand

RonV11

I have a center stand that can't be used because of my Stucci crossover. I'm thinking... why not modify it into a shop stand. Doesn't look too hard with a weld here and there. What I don't know is how tall to make it. Can someone please measure theirs and let me know? I'm looking for the measurement from the ground to the bolt 'saddle'. TIA :)

I have a center stand that can't be used because of my Stucci crossover. I'm thinking... why not modify it into a shop stand. Doesn't look too hard with a weld here and there. What I don't know is how tall to make it. Can someone please measure theirs and let me know? I'm looking for the measurement from the ground to the bolt 'saddle'. TIA :)

Sell it on, or swap for workshop stand. The centre stand is much more useful.

I don't think there are any new centrestands available now.

If you were in UK I'd do you a swap. :thumbsup:

I'm confused.

Why won't the center stand work with the Stucci crossover?

I have a center stand on my bike with the Mistral crossover.

Are they that much different?

here's a link to when I did my installation of both the stand and x-over.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12032

PS: I think these may still be purchased through the good dealers. I got mine through Moto International.

Sell it on, or swap for workshop stand. The centre stand is much more useful.

I don't think there are any new centrestands available now.

If you were in UK I'd do you a swap. :thumbsup:

John brings up a good point...

So is anyone interested in a swap? :)

You'd have to pound some pretty serious divots into the Stucchi crossover to make it work with the centerstand. The Mistral works just fine with the centerstand. Centerstands are still available, or at least I know I have a few in stock.

I am interested in a center stand for my sport. How much are they going for?

From post (Aug 30 2007)... http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12032

"I just spotted an advert for it in the MGNOC newsletter. Moto International advertises it at $249. "One model fits the early Sports with 170 rear tire, the other fits later Sports and V11s with 180 tire." Greg's number is 206-297-3822, email is parts@motointernational.com"

• 3 months later...
I am interested in a center stand for my sport. How much are they going for?

Think twice... I installed the Teo Lammers center stand and it it very hard to use. It takes all my weight and two or three rocks back and forth before the bike will come up. It's useful when I need it, but musch too hard to use regularly. Lots of weight for not much gain.

Motopierre

As with all Guzzi stands, there is a technique one must learn to make putting a bike on the stand trivial. Absent the technique, you might get a hernia. Send me a PM, and I'll expound on the technique. I have one, and it is no work to get it on the stand. It sure was the first few times, though!