Guzzi gossip

Tom M

I can imagine Piaggio not introducing so much new, they put a lot of money in Guzzi, with the 8v engine and the stelvio, after buying the remainders.

Well, it's not that they've spent a lot of money on Guzzi, they were buying Aprillia & Guzzi just happened to come w/ the package. ;) I'm glad that someone in Piaggio realized that "there's no way out but through" when they saw how much Aprillia had already invested in Guzzi & the new QV motor, and carried it through to completion. And the whole "product proliferation via styling treatments" has worked very well for Harley-Davidson, so I'm not surprised that the suits at Piaggio are applying the same model to Guzzi to try to generate some cash flow while they revamp Aprillia's sport lineup. So I expect that aside from minor styling treatments like the "new" V7 Classic, we're not going to see any truly new products from Guzzi for a few years. A revamp of the old small-block 4v heads might be hoped for, but that's probably about it. Like you said, they are probably waiting for some money to come in before more is spent...

anyone have any idea what this 1400 california will look like? if it has nice trim, windshield, bags, heck if it looks anything like the current california vintage I might be all over that instead of the Stelvio, tho any new bike is 2-3 years off for me at the moment but hell if I don't like to do my homework and make a solid desicion before I plunk down.

anyone have any idea what this 1400 california will look like? if it has nice trim, windshield, bags, heck if it looks anything like the current california vintage I might be all over that instead of the Stelvio, tho any new bike is 2-3 years off for me at the moment but hell if I don't like to do my homework and make a solid desicion before I plunk down.

That's alright, it usually takes Guzzi 2-3 years to get anything off of the drawing board anyway......

A quote from Guzzi's web site

The motorbike manufacturing company that has chalked up 3329 victories in international competitions, including 14 world speed titles, 22 world records and 11 Tourist Trophies, has racing in its DNA. This is why it gives full attention to the sports model market segment,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• 1 month later...

You may have read a fairly long interview with Carcano on one of the other Guzzi sites. He was indeed an amazing guy, having designed not only motorcycles, but also sailing boats. One thing I remember he said was that if it had been up to him, Guzzi should have done something new, not continue with the same engine set up that he had designed. He seemed didn't seem to be stuck in the past, unlike the company.

On the other hand he never left Mandello so he lived there most of his life. Then again, if Piaggio wants to play Harley, than they better keep the Mandello factory and everything that has with tradition. Skeeve is right

the whole "product proliferation via styling treatments" has worked very well for Harley-Davidson
. Harley lives on that because they capitalized on their past. But Piaggio seems confused about where they want to place Guzzi. Somewhere between BMW, Harley, and now Aprilia. :huh2:

BTW, there was an open letter somewhere for Piaggio from concerned Guzzisti, against the alleged closure of the Mandello factory. Mostly from Europe. Didn't figure out how to sign, but maybe somebody here can help.

V7 Cafe' Classic rumors ...

from the Anima Guzzista Forum:

senzatitolo3iq5oq8.th.jpg

A Photoshop version based on the Bellagio:

2096435340097216392s600fs4.th.jpgthpix.gif

The smallblock is pretty cool, but the Bellagio Photoshop makes my mouth water!!!

Raz,

Thanks for the petition link. Only 440 signatures so far. Very few from Germany, where Guzzi is much loved.

Perhaps Biesel could forward the petition link to the German V11 site? (I just can't sign in for some reason).

I put the request in the World of Guzzi forum in germany, but they, for more reasons mostly don't want to sign.

But in the italian anima guzzista forum is a list too, going over 600 today. I forwarded the ones collected in the netherlands to that list.

I put the request in the World of Guzzi forum in germany, but they, for more reasons mostly don't want to sign.

But in the italian anima guzzista forum is a list too, going over 600 today. I forwarded the ones collected in the netherlands to that list.

:bier: Re: Germany, maybe the folks over in v11sport.de would sign?