Please help My Daughter

Hey all...

I don't get to ride as much due to my involvement with my children. As some of you know, My wife and I are divorced and I have custody of my 2 children.

I've taken my daughter to pagents and my son to bike shows. Keeps me very busy.

I've entered my 4 year old daughter Tegan in the Glamour Shots Summer Contest. Please take a moment to vote for her.

Thank You,

Richard W. Zimmerman

Here is the info and Link.

PLEASE VOTE FOR TEGAN!!!!!!

Your friend Richard Zimmerman has sent you the link below so that you can view his/her 2008 KID'S SUMMER PHOTO CONTEST - AGES 2-4 entry. You can click the link below to browse our contest site to view all entries.

Click or copy the link below in its entirety to your Internet browser's address bar.

http://www.glamourshots.com/contests/view_...m&PID=13072

Thank you for participating! Voting will start on 9/8/2008. Remember to visit www.glamourshots.com when voting begins to vote for your favorites.

I'm sorry? I do not mean any offence and this may be a cultural divide, but why are you posting this here?!

I don't know.. Maybe in the past two years, I thought I made a few friends here... Several know me personally... I may have accidentally put it in the wrong forum. If a moderator wants to move it, thats fine....

My children are the most important things in my life and I'll do anything for them..

Richard Z.

I don't have any problem with this- other folks post requests of all kinds and we either read or ignore them.

If anything, it might be in the wrong subforum, but I would rather post it here than a subforum described as "redneck trashtalk" :lol: I wouldn't want to subject my daughter to that; she's going to have enough problems with me as her papa. :nerd:

I would vote for your daughter, but am at a loss when I click the link, it looks like a website for all sorts of contests. And no way I'm entering my emailaddress there.

It might be culture, but what does it help your daughter when we all vote?

Completely under stand the email address concern and I don't have anything against anybody with that concern... I don't like being on email lists either.

Here is how we got involved. She and a girl she is friends with went to a local pageant. My daughter won this free photo shoot and some clothing. Dresses etc. The company, Glamour Shots, put her image in this contest, and I've been forwarding it on to friends and family.

The contest winner gets a US savings bond. Right now, probably not worth the paper it's printed on. LOL

Here is the information.

National Prizes: The National Grand Prize Winner will receive a $2,000 U.S. Savings Bond. Each of the other 3 Category Winners will receive a mounted and framed 20x24 portrait of their winning image. Grand Prize and Category Winners have the possibility of being featured in Glamour Shots advertising materials.

Thank you all for your support. I did not intend to cause drama and debate. As a single father of 2 children, I do everything I can to make them happy. I apologize for my overzealousness. My son show's his motorcycles in shows about every weekend and this is how I get to have some involvement with my daughter. (We are competitive by nature in a fun way)

motorcycle181.jpg

Everyone can decide for themselves if they want to participate. I just posted this info. Only vote if you feel comfortable.

Thanks Again,

Richard Z.

When I read the topic title I thought it was some kind of spam message. But after reading it I now it is a valid question for help from a forum member.

My personal opinions on pagents for young children aside, I see no problem in this. If someone has a problem with this please take it up with Richard Z through PM or e-mail.

I'm closing this thread, to avoid a discussion (mostly based on cultural differences) on a topic that, imho, doesn't belong on a motorcycle forum.