1200 Sport 4V

biesel

Although the 940 Bellagio has the crank mount alt still I believe. Hopefully they do I'm getting sick of standing at track days eplaining to ethusiastic people no you can't register it and no you can't buy one you can register........ yes I'm !@#$ing sure I would of brought one ok! :bbblll:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this isn't anything new is it? I thought hte 1200 sport had been around for a good while and is basically a new engined breva with a bakini fairing, no?

Along with the new engine (as Paul mentioned), your comment/question underscores the level of frustration with this new Sport model. That is, Guzzi has accomplished the most difficult task from the engineering & financial perspectives which is increasing the performance*of a street-legal, air-cooled engine, but now, the chassis and styling are missing from this "sport" model. (we waited a long time for the biggest challenge to be accomplished and then, when it was accomplished, it fell flat on the less challenging areas of execution)

This new model is more frustrating when you consider Guzzi already has excellent styling to tap into: MGS-01 bodywork and the V11 bodywork. Derivatives of either of those styles would be fairly inexpensive, but Guzzi went with a Breva-derivative.

I think most (if not all) of us do not want another Breva. The current Breva line is serving that genre well. However, the Sport line is being ignored, meanwhile the fanfare generated by the debut of the MGS-01 is starting to fade from all rider's minds but the Guzzisti's minds (read: missed sales opportunities while at the same time Guzzi is spending money on a model that won't reach its sales potential).

One of the only pieces that remain (for Guzzi to produce a historical, sporting motorcycle for the ages) is the new chassis. Relatively-speaking, this should not be difficult or expensive. It definitely would not be expensive in light of sales numbers that "could have been" vs. missed sales forecasts.... (the V12 sport we all want vs. the current V12, respectively)

There is one bike that would significantly tempt me to trade up my V11 for a new bike: something along the lines of the photoshop image in the previous posts. A V12 Sport that looks as good as it will go with the new engine and sportier chassis with light wheels. The factory & dealerships will cash-in from new sales from existing Guzzistis + new riders to the brand. The dealerships would also cash-in with the trade-ins on the used V11's. The CW magazine forum recently had posts about riders "gushing" over the V11. People are trying to find good used examples.

How many of us would be willing to trade your current V11 for the current V12?

* - "Where the road matters most" type of performance.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link.

Did he forget to comment on the styling?

It is not a matter of this bike being ugly on its own. Its not. But, it is also not one to grab the onlooker like the V11 & MGS still do today.

The problem is that someone in Guzzi decided to branch-out the Breva model line in a "sport" direction instead of capitalizing & continuing the true Sport model on its own, which left behind the great looks of the MGS and V11.

Perhaps a sport chassis, a 1400 cc engine, and styling will come together before the air-cooled engine is history. (chassis should include light weight wheels)

p.s. One look at the new Ducati Streetfighter and this should give the Guzzi Marketing types some inspiration. Guzzi's air-cooled performance is still highly capable and beautiful to admire while parked. The "naked" styling of that streetfighter and the Tuono are weak

I would have bought a MGS derived bike over the Aprilia RSVR that now resides in my garage but I didn't see it coming, I still hold hope to get onto a new Guzzi when I'm in the market in a few years, I h ave a candle lit but thats about it <_>

I'd take a decent looking cruiser that fits my 6'2" frame too, say similar to the old stone's, titanium's, but with the new engines and gearboxes or the even newer 1400, I'd be in line ^_^