Intermot 2008

biesel

I am not a marketing expert, but in my view, Moto Guzzi should make a better use of its rich "pédigré". As has been suggested many times here, why not expand on the V7 theme and introduce more classic sports bikes (e.g. a V12 Classic Sports with spoke wheels; Le Mans I lfairing; etc). This cannot be too complicated. It would also distinguish Guzzi as a brand in the Paggio concern. The Stelvio and the Griso are surely good moves. I am not so sure about the 1200 "Sport" though (with or without eight valves).

From the literature:

"The motorbike manufacturing company that has chalked up 3329 victories in international competitions, including 14 world speed titles, 22 world records and 11 Tourist Trophies, has racing in its DNA. This is why it gives full attention to the sports model market segment, in the heart and minds of entire generations of fans."

:lol: :lol: :lol: did I miss a new road-going sports bike released?!!? :lol:

From the literature:

"The motorbike manufacturing company that has chalked up 3329 victories in international competitions, including 14 world speed titles, 22 world records and 11 Tourist Trophies, has racing in its DNA. This is why it gives full attention to the sports model market segment, in the heart and minds of entire generations of fans."

:lol: :lol: :lol: did I miss a new road-going sports bike released?!!? :lol:

I always recognize a steaming pile of marketing crap. I'm in that business...

... getting most of your ideas then out of this forum I guess! ;)

Nevertheless, the black V7 Classic has my attention. Love on first sight?

That was my first Guzzi contact in 1981, a black and gold Lemans 1. I even smell it still today. Unfortunately this guy sold it before I had the money ready, so I later had to go for a redone 750S instead, not too bad anyway.

Hubert

.... bet the next one is bright green with a red frame

Wasn't someone already anouncing the V7 Sport - Next Generation ? Anyway, some redesigned and slightly improved Lario 4V heads would make a great little bikey - and probably leave not much room left for the Thruxton.

Hubert