Cool LeMans...

rocker59

Just found this in EP&F's used bikes section...

A Scura with LeMans fairing, Ballabio bars, GiVi luggage...

Man, what a great solo sport-touring mount this would be!!!

ScuraTouring.jpg

Question is:

has the clutch replacement been done, or is it a time-bomb waiting to explode the cases? :luigi:

If you've gone to the troubble of the fairing, Quat D box, hard cases I think it would be done EPF are supposedly one of the better US guzzi shops.

• 2 weeks later...
Question is:

has the clutch replacement been done, or is it a time-bomb waiting to explode the cases? :luigi:

Please inform/provide links relating to the clutch replacement/time-bomb issue. Thanks!! I just want to be informed regarding potential issues with My 2002 V11 Le Mans.

I think that was Scura specific, it has a single plate clutch.

Thanks!! Soo the clutch design varied from a single plate to a dual plate clutch on various Guzzi models?? Maybe there is a thread about that out there..........guess I'll have to do some more searching!! :D:huh:

Thanks!! Soo the clutch design varied from a single plate to a dual plate clutch on various Guzzi models?? Maybe there is a thread about that out there..........guess I'll have to do some more searching!! :D:huh:

Yes, most V11's has pretty much the same clutch as any big block Guzzi has had since early 70's or even late 60's. Except it's hydraulic instead of cabled. The single plate (RAM) clutch is available to any model as aftermarket and AFAIK it doesn't have the grenading problem that some of the Scuras had.

There are quite a few variations of the V11 but little differences between them. As someone said, any V11 model could be regarded a Limited Edition ^_^

That bike was the stimulus to purchase My Le Mans. A friend of mine has dealt with that dealer quite a bit and had sent me the link for that bike. I called the dealer and found out that someone had bought it sight unseen out of Colorado.....I'd been planning on riding up to check it out if it was still on the market!!! Oh well...........snooze you lose!!

On that bike the exhaust exit is on the right side as viewed in the picture. Now that I'm doing research on getting a Quat_D exhaust for My Le Mans( to duplicate the look of that black Scura) I'm finding out that they/Quat_D has changed the exhaust exit to the left side of the exhaust!!??? I'm not at all understanding what that's about and it would sure be a NEAT looking system if there were exhaust outlets on BOTH sides of the exhaust box.

Here are couple pictures of the latest Quat_D offering.... thanks to a helpful party at MotoWheels;

NewQDV11011.jpg

NewQDV1108.jpg

Does anyone reading this have any connection with the Quat_D company?? It sure would be nice to have a bit more understanding of why the change from right to left and why they don't do an exit on BOTH sides!!???

Just found this in EP&F's used bikes section...

A Scura with LeMans fairing, Ballabio bars, GiVi luggage...

Man, what a great solo sport-touring mount this would be!!!

Am I the only one that think it looks all wrong? With the big fairing up front plus those big fat boxes on the back, it needs long pipes to balance the look. It could be ok with just the fairing, but the boxes are a killer. The Quat, while good on a proper Scura, is out of place here. :o

Am I the only one that think it looks all wrong? With the big fairing up front plus those big fat boxes on the back, it needs long pipes to balance the look. It could be ok with just the fairing, but the boxes are a killer. The Quat, while good on a proper Scura, is out of place here. :o

I like the look OK but for long pipes I really would like to have polished or chrome over my stock muffs.

what if that whole quat system was Jet hot coated in a color or bright silver??

as for the outlet, it probably has an exit route that is calculated via baffles etc. I bet the exhaust travel distance around inside there would add up to the length of a full muffler?

now I understand why they cost so, is it 8-900.US? I didn't realize the headers were part of the deal. please keep us posted on the QuatD.

IMG_1425.jpg