Cool LeMans...

rocker59

Am I the only one that think it looks all wrong? With the big fairing up front plus those big fat boxes on the back, it needs long pipes to balance the look. It could be ok with just the fairing, but the boxes are a killer. The Quat, while good on a proper Scura, is out of place here. :o

No you are not alone. It looks like an amputee.

All the difference on a naked bike.

Here you go Foto, some nice shiny Staintunes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Moto-Guzzi-...d=p4506.c0.m245

what is the performance and sound of these? and then would I want polished headers? price is still too high for seconds in my mind.

is the QuatD stainless? could it be polished? where do you buy one?

as for the outlet, it probably has an exit route that is calculated via baffles etc. I bet the exhaust travel distance around inside there would add up to the length of a full muffler?

now I understand why they cost so, is it 8-900.US? I didn't realize the headers were part of the deal. please keep us posted on the QuatD.

There's not a lot inside the Quat box. When I got mine, (about two and a half years ago?) I was told that no more were being made because the V.11 wasn't in production. :huh2:

I really like the sound and the lack of weight hanging out the back. The headers have a different shape than the standard parts.

Me, too. Not that there's anything wrong with having a full diaper . . .

I will be able to tell you guys what is inside a Quat-D box soon as mine has developed a loose baffle - sounds like a stone being rattled in a jam tin. We are splitting it open through the top and repairing it this weekend.

I reckon the back of the bike looks much cleaner with a Quat box especially when you remove the hugger and use one of Edge's kits to seal up the shock etc.

I am not sure that I like the sound of a full nappy (Oz for diaper) although wearing one could come in handy :moon: !