fuel enrichener adjustment?

guzzi1

the problem has been diagnosed!it was the relay.there are 5 in a row from front to rear and the next to last one towards the rear is defective.i am replacing it and the last one too as it makes me nervous.the bike won't run without either one of them removed so i feel it would be unwise to change out just one.thanx for the links to the schematics.i will be looking at them and let you know if they match my sled.thx again.

• 2 weeks later...

put 2 new factory relays in my bike and she is cured!i purchased the factory parts so there wouldn't be any question as to whether the specs were correct and i didn't want future issues or possible damage to the electronics.they were 30 buccks per and i got 2 spares just in case.the old ones would work but were intermittent and had to be wiggled in their sockets until they made an audible click.thanx for everyone's input.this site is invaluable for us here in the usa with a weak ass dealer support system.

put 2 new factory relays in my bike and she is cured!i purchased the factory parts so there wouldn't be any question as to whether the specs were correct and i didn't want future issues or possible damage to the electronics.they were 30 buccks per and i got 2 spares just in case.the old ones would work but were intermittent and had to be wiggled in their sockets until they made an audible click.thanx for everyone's input.this site is invaluable for us here in the usa with a weak ass dealer support system.

Too bad; the factory relays are on the ragged edge of their capacity in a Guzzi; you'd be better off w/ the relays offered by PyroDan, or even better w/ the super-quality ones Ryland offers. [i keep meaning to set aside the funds to buy at least 2 of his, but I'd already upgraded all 5 to PyroDan's units, so there's less motivation to go that extra mile.] Either way, it would have cost you less than you paid for the pair of stock replacements [but of course you would have had to wait for shipping...]

The stock relays on the V11 [as has been discussed here & over at Guzzitech forums] will fail, it's just a question of when. Usually it happens when you're at your weakest, far from civilization, with the buzzards circling. ;)

Do yourself a favor, and upgrade at least 2 of your relays to their superior replacements (if not all of them) and throw the (good) stockers in a drawer for backups/use in other projects [like making a dedicated headlight circuit.]