fuel enrichener adjustment?

guzzi1

is there an adjustment for the enrichener circuit on my 03 v11 lemans.the problem of hard starting continues but now only when cold.it requires to much cranking in the morning and acts like the choke is inop or not being fully engaged when the handlebar control is used.there's no slack in the cable so i'm wondering if the system has additional adjustments.my bike has the in tank fuel pump and no external fuel filter.bike starts good rest of the day and no acceleration issues.no mods to the fuel system.thx for input again,daveg :race:

There is no choke mechanism, the lever you are moving is a fast idle lever only. The ambient air temp sensor and cyl. head temp. sensor affect fuel trim the most on cold start. Does your bike have a PowerCommander or similar device on the bike? If so , you should have it "remapped" to take care of this problem. If you do not have an aftermarket PC on the bike, then get one and have it mapped for the bike with mods. done or accessories added.

is there an adjustment for the enrichener circuit on my 03 v11 lemans.the problem of hard starting continues but now only when cold.it requires to much cranking in the morning and acts like the choke is inop or not being fully engaged when the handlebar control is used.there's no slack in the cable so i'm wondering if the system has additional adjustments.my bike has the in tank fuel pump and no external fuel filter.bike starts good rest of the day and no acceleration issues.no mods to the fuel system.thx for input again,daveg :race:

Just a thought. Have you tried opening the throttle slightly while cranking? I've found that if I hit the starter button while cracking the throttle open if fires up quickly. I never use the fast idle lever.

Another possible issue is the spring for the fast idle lever may be too stiff. This does not allow it to fully open and may be an issue. Many people swap the spring from the seat release with the fast idle spring, saying it fixes two issues at one time.

Get down on your knees and look from below at the mechanism. You'll probably see at once where adjustments can or should be done. Anyway, this idle lever doesn't affect cold start enrichement, so it's neither the problem nor the solution.

Don't buy a PC, makes no sense here.

Hubert

Another possible issue is the spring for the fast idle lever may be too stiff. This does not allow it to fully open and may be an issue. Many people swap the spring from the seat release with the fast idle spring, saying it fixes two issues at one time.

they mixed up the boxes of springs at the factory and a bunch of them got delivered with the wrong springs in each spot. I heard :nerd:

It is worth having the CO (mixture) checked with an Axone or VDSTS software.

My Sport was delivered trimmed -27 (minus twenty-seven). It runs much better trimmed to zero.

• 2 months later...

well i'm back.i have fiddled with everything i could think of and finally gave up back in november.after 2 monthes of dirt bike riding i went back over every connection and fitting again because it was driving me crazy not being able to ride my baby.while turning on the key i heard an odd series of clicks coming from one of the relays under the seat.it was the next to last one in the row,closest to the tail light.i switched the last 2 around and damned if she didn't fire right up.i removed both relays and cleaned the spades up and re-inserted them in their original slots.fires right up!rode the girl all last week to work and not a hint of a problem.i'll keep an eye on this and hopefully the bugs are behind me.hah! doubt that.i have a factory service manual.both it and the small book that came with the bike show only the external fuel pump system.i bought my bike in october 2003 and have the "famous" bubbling engine block paint and has the internal pump setup.is there some place i can score the schematic for my fuel system for future reference?any info would be appreciated.

Was there a wiring diagram in the back of the owners manual? I assume you are wanting to know the wiring and color code of the wiring harness?

Does your bike have a closed loop (oxygen sensor) system?