Hello

Mr Kay

Hello everybody,

I'm afraid I'm a bit of an imposter - I don't own a V11 :o

I do however own a Sport 1100i motor which will ultimately replace the tired 78,000mile motor in this, my LMII:

IMG_2338small.jpg

Am I allowed in anyway? :D

what issues will you run in to? swap the front cover from the old motor, either tranny would fit right? are you going to to take all the FI and ignition with the 1100i? that will really rock. izat a p8 CPU and where will you put it? I spoze you will have to run pod filters cause the air box won't transfer? get some uni filters from denniskirk.com. there might not be room for a battery once you pack in all the electronic systems in there, fuel pump, pres reg, and the CPU. I put an EV into a Convert and put the battery under the tranny but had to eliminate the cross over which worked out w/the way a vert motor runs (lika an airplane) you might need a x-over but could run it at the headers? that will be a screamin machine, hope to see it someday!

what issues will you run in to? swap the front cover from the old motor, either tranny would fit right? are you going to to take all the FI and ignition with the 1100i? that will really rock. izat a p8 CPU and where will you put it? I spoze you will have to run pod filters cause the air box won't transfer? get some uni filters from denniskirk.com. there might not be room for a battery once you pack in all the electronic systems in there, fuel pump, pres reg, and the CPU. I put an EV into a Convert and put the battery under the tranny but had to eliminate the cross over which worked out w/the way a vert motor runs (lika an airplane) you might need a x-over but could run it at the headers? that will be a screamin machine, hope to see it someday!

Thanks for the welcome, glad you like my bike :)

Ok, here goes...

I'm a luddite and don't want to endow my bike with unnecessary electronics therefore none of the original ecu/fi stuff will be used. It will have Mikuni HSR45s, and a programmable ignition that my father has been developing over the past few years. It will run pod filters (bear in mind, the LMII had no filters or airbox, just bellmouths :o ) and most of the space under the tank will be a huge crankcase breather box. The ignition system will allow me to dial in the twin plugs that I'll fit. Looking at the head, I should be able to do the twin plugging myself. By my calculations, a 1mm skim off the head will bring the compression up to 10.5 where it should be. I'll match each side and fine tune with base gaskets. I'll take the heads to Raceco for porting and flowing and may fit an SS3 cam. I will fabricate a stainless exhaust and do a bit of reading into where the cross over needs to go. Certainly for aesthetic reasons I'd like to bring it under the alternator like the original LM exhaust. Last night I did a little messing about and found a T3 front cover will fit nicely once the fins are trimmed off the bottom to clear the broad sump and look much nicer without the warts and lumps of the Sport item. I'm going to have adapters made so that round fin rocker covers fit as I find them much prettier than the square ones. I got the Sport clutch and box so I'll just check the selector drum shimming and use that. I want to look at machining the gearbox back cover to take a hydraulic clutch slave cylinder. With any luck, I should see 80-90 bhp at the 110 section back tyre!

That convert looks lovely, is that an odyssey battery tucked under the gearbox? How does it fit and can you keep the centre stand?

yep, my oddesey is under there. still has a centerstand but i lost the area for the crossover. for a vert it pretty much rips w/the 1100 motor but I have a winter project w/it again. I put a convert cam in and used the EV lifters, now one or both have worn out 4-5mm that I noticed on valve adjustment on the right intake valve. i now have a EV cam that has the hex hole drilled in it like the vert cam so I'll swap that in and get new lifters this winter.