oil filter tool

The Foggster

:lol: Hello everyone. I looked into the oil filter tool after I had read that you could pay up tp £80.00 for the Guzzi tool or about £7.00 for a FIAT tool. Here is the information that you need.

I bought a new Moto Guzzi filter part No 30.15.30.00 I then went to my local motor vehicle factor ( posh word for a shop that sells mainly to the trade and bought a LASER Oil Filter Wrench 3/8 cup type (8 flutes) And guess what it fits like a glove

Hope that this saves you a fortune.

The Foggster

V11 rider

firm of stance

and of buttock :D

I use Wix/Napa filters anyway.

I found a Wix filter for my Jackal in some parts a guy gave me.

They're made in the USA!!

This one has a price tag of $3.99.

Made in the USA!

GM, where do you buy yours?

ADVthanksANCE

-Jack

I have never used the manhole cover to access my oil filter so I'm not sure if its as important what sort of tool I use. After reading several posts about the filters backing off & causing massive engine damage I remove the pan every time. Once the pan is off you can carefully inspect everything & wipe the pan clean getting all the old oil out. Also when you put the new filter on you can really get the feel of how tight it is on there. Fwiw the tool I use is an adjustable type that clamps onto the filter as pressure is applied.

Of course everyone is not going to go through all that time & effort to change the oil so just be very careful to make sure the filter is screwed back in correctly. Others have suggested that you need only to change the filter every other oil change too.

Afer readind an article in the area newspaper about a local owner/operator of an aircraft dying because of the oil filter backing off and losing oil. This taught me it is not that big of a deal to remove the pan. I do and will attatch a hose clamp to the filter after installation.

A buddy was servicing his Jackal and found the filter "finger" tight. A hose clamp is $1.00, how much is a rebuild?

Afer readind an article in the area newspaper about a local owner/operator of an aircraft dying because of the oil filter backing off and losing oil. This taught me it is not that big of a deal to remove the pan. I do and will attatch a hose clamp to the filter after installation.

A buddy was servicing his Jackal and found the filter "finger" tight. A hose clamp is $1.00, how much is a rebuild?

I'm guessing it was the crash, not the filter, that caused the pilot to buy the farm. Just the same, I try to remove the pan each time as well. It only adds a few more beers to the process. B)

I'm guessing it was the crash, not the filter, that caused the pilot to buy the farm. Just the same, I try to remove the pan each time as well. It only adds a few more beers to the process. B)

If you would like to read the article, I will research the "Paducah Sun" archives and send it to you.

I found a Wix filter for my Jackal in some parts a guy gave me.

They're made in the USA!!

This one has a price tag of $3.99.

Made in the USA!

GM, where do you buy yours?

ADVthanksANCE

-Jack

NAPA Gold filters are made by WIX and are the same high quality. I had a local private parts store around me that sold them but they went bust. Shame. So lately I've been buying the NAPA version. WIX has a web site with a store locator, though.