sat nav

donsgone

Hi all,I've just aquired a 2003 V-11 (naked) to go along with my 1100 breva and am enjoying it very much in the short time I've had it ,what I'm wondering is has anybody ever tried fitting a sat nav to theyre V-11 and if so where abouts,any pictures? I realise a sat nav doesn't really fit the image of a rorty sport Guzzi but belive me I'm the world's worst navigator who can get lost in my own back yard and after years of flicking my eyes from my tank mounted map case to the road a million times a hour while zipping around Europe next to the luxury of a very nice women telling me to take the next turning right while in the middle of Paris in rush hour is worth the withering looks of fellow Guzziti ,thanks .Don....PS seem to be taking the sport out a lot more than the breva so does this mean I've been beguiled and smitten ????? :rolleyes:

I have used 1 of my two GPS's [ short for Global Positioning System] on my V11. My old Garmin 276CS I put in my tank bag. My other one[ Garmin 376C] spends most of it's time on my Paris Dakar, but I have a RAM mount that will be going onto the V11 to fit this one. This company [RAM] will have the hardware you need to fit it.

Steve

.PS seem to be taking the sport out a lot more than the breva so does this mean I've been beguiled and smitten ????? :rolleyes:

You can't go out with Ugly Betty then date Catherine Zeta-Jones and wonder why you never call Betty anymore! :P

.PS seem to be taking the sport out a lot more than the breva so does this mean I've been beguiled and smitten ????? :rolleyes:

You can't go out with Ugly Betty then date Catherine Zeta-Jones and wonder why you never call Betty anymore! :P

I only live a couple of miles up the road from where Cathrine is from so I understand completly where your comming from ,Lord I'm even going out in the howling wind and rain an dark just to ride the thing ,just went and bought a new rain suit ( the other shrunk ,I'm sure I havent put weight on ) so I can keep on rolling,seriously thou have looked at Ram mounts for GPS but where best to fit them ?got a universal mount which might bolt to lever clamps with longer bolts but dont think that look very good so maybe someone knows a better position on cockpit ,all the best ,Don

I have bar risers,

IMG_1481.jpg

and was thinking I could use a bar from a bicycle to mount a GPS above the speedo area.

IMG_1482.jpg

But I wonder if it should be tucked into the fairing more to be out of sunlight and easier to read?

Hi I use a Garmin 2610, and although I have changed bars the mounting would work with original bars I think. All the parts are available from RAM.

gps_web1.jpggps_web2.jpggps_web3.jpg

Hope this helps Gary

cheers,have discovered that my RAM mount will pick up on the clutch/brake lever clamp bolts so with slightly longer bolts I'll be ready to fit my 2610 garmin,old hat to some but it gets me where I want and I definetly dont want to talk to any one on the mobile while out riding and the only music I want to hear is that lovely Guzzi V-Twin seranade at pace,great.Thank's again all,Don

Ram mounts seem popular, but I find them hokey.

These people sell both RAM mounts and their own brand which are sweet.

http://www.touratech-usa.com/

They don't cater to Guzzi but are big with BMW and other adventure touring types.