Spark plugs redux

Motomonster

Guest dkgross

I still have two sets sitting here...just haven't been brave enough to try them out. Since my bike is SO new, I'm just a little hesitant, warrantee and all.

I have one pair of LOR15LGS' and one pair of 14's. Apparantly the 15's run a little hotter.

However, if one of you guys who actually knows what they're doing with their bike, and possibly has the tools to do a graph/official test would like to try them, I'll gladly stick them in the mail to you. Just pop me an email. Guzzi Tech gurus..you game?????

All I really know is that when I tried a set in my old BMW 1150RT to try and cure the surging, they sure made a difference. And a bunch of folks on the BMWSportTouring.com website love them as well

And, I think that the guys at Brisk would really love to know how well they work in a Guzzi.

The Brisk plug is a beautiful design that should out perform a conventional plug.

I raised some doubts about its use in our engine because the flame front should reach the piston sooner, and in a worse case scenario, the spark's coronal discharge or worse, the spark itself, could theoretically jump to the piston at TDC of the compression stroke creating a hot spot on the piston.

This is however all pure speculation, and these plugs could be the bomb :thumbsup:

I suggest that whoever tries these plugs should take a flash light and look at the condition of the piston before the brisk, go for a long ride, and then look at the condition of the piston head.

The Brisk could be a good thing, but you don't want the Rabbi's knife to slip. :lol:

Guest dkgross

Well..it seems like Mr Todd Eagan is up for the challenge!!! I'm shipping the Brisks off to him tommorow, and we'll see what he comes up with. I'm actually very anxious to see some 'official' testing by someone who knows what they're doing.

I really hope that they turn out to be a positive thing. Many, many BMW riders love them, and I'm sure that the Brisk folks would LOVE a new batch of GUZZI customers!