UK Dudes check your mirrors

Uk police also use fast motorcycles this summer I ran into two of them at tyndrum one on the usual pan the other on an R1 last year I was stoppped by an RSVR cop bike. The new lightbars they are fitting are also very hard to see as at a distance it looks like a roof rack

Seems like they are going to get serious about "road crimes"...

Evos as cop cars

Garsdad

Not that new here, South Yorkshire used to have several unmarked Volvo T5's (when they were new) and at least one unmarked bike (a Gixxer 1100 if I remember correctly) and they currently have a helicopter.

(usually hovering over my house at at 2am :angry: )

A chap once told me how his wife got off a motorway speeding offence,she claimed in court that when the unmarked Sierra Cosworth pulled alongside and tried to get her to pull over she assumed the driver and passenger (who looked dodgy :lol: )were going to steal her car (a Lotus Carlton)so she floored it :lol:

He said she left the Cosworth for dead and the Police had to get their Lotus Carlton to catch her :P !!

At the time (late 80's early 90's) due to the very basic locks Ford fitted, and the fact that everyone wanted one,you were very lucky if your Cosworth was still parked where you'd left it when you returned so the Judge agreed that it was a valid defence :D !!

I'm not sure it would work today though :D

North Yorkshire police have been running Subaru Impreza WRX STis for several years- both marked and unmarked. You are very likely to meet one if you speed anywhere near the A65.

I guess the people that normally run away are either thieves, drunk, evading another offence that they are wanted for or just plain stupid. When you get caught jail is very likely.

Two weeks ago 4 young lads stole an Impreza and crashed into a chip shop in Bradford whilst being pursued- and they all burnt to death horribly. Guess they won't be doing it again.