Who's a naughty boy then?

pete roper

Being sensible though the ONLY time I ever experiment with that sort of speed is on roads I know where I can see miles ahead that it is clear, where I did the 225 pull is from the bottom of the escarpment near Bunged end back to town, it's about 5km and you can see it all the way. It won't help if Skippy decides to hop in front of you but you can see coppers.

Hey Pete: what's the haps for the possibility of 'roo shootin' in your area if I ever get down under? I hear 'roo hide makes great leathers, but the only way I'd ever be able to afford enough to cover my advancing largeness is if I "roll my own" as it were. ;) I presume farmers can get predation permits, even if the PITA people have all but shut down legal varminting in your neck of the woods. [For the record, I'm a charter member of PETA: People for the Eating of Tasty Animals - do 'roos taste good? Inquiring minds &tc... :lol:]

Just a curious aside; enjoyed reading about your top-end run on the QV Griso: maybe you can set some records w/ Phil in the dry lakes racing down your way?

:race:

Just a curious aside; enjoyed reading about your top-end run on the QV Griso: maybe you can set some records w/ Phil in the dry lakes racing down your way?

Fat chance. Phil is not only a lot cleverer than me but is a nutter to boot. I think his RS salt bike is geared for something like 197MPH. I poop meself at 200KPH!!! :lol:

Pete

Hey Pete: what's the haps for the possibility of 'roo shootin' in your area if I ever get down under? I hear 'roo hide makes great leathers, but the only way I'd ever be able to afford enough to cover my advancing largeness is if I "roll my own" as it were. ;) I presume farmers can get predation permits, even if the PITA people have all but shut down legal varminting in your neck of the woods. [For the record, I'm a charter member of PETA: People for the Eating of Tasty Animals - do 'roos taste good? Inquiring minds &tc... :lol:]

Roo hide? Not sure about that. As for the meat, I for one am not fond of it but it is an excellent meat, low fat, very lean. Roo's aren't farmed, it's all wildcatch and it is important to get the good stuff as in some areas it can be wormy.

As for shooting 'em? Well, of course there are all sorts of caveats covering this but essentially if you're on your own property you can blaze away pretty much with impunity. There are a host of blokes in Bungendore who go shooting every couple fo weeks, i'm always cheering 'em on as there are a load of Yuppie-esque 40 acre farmers in the area between Canberra and here who actually ENCOURAGR the wretched things by feeding them. Huge, hopping rats that are just begging for a bullet I say! Hitting one at speed, even in a car or van, can easily be life threatening. Contrary to popular opinion in a lot of the world most types of 'roo and Wallaby are NOT endangered. There are a lot more Eastern Greys, (The commonest type of rat around here.) now than there ever were before white settlement because europeans built dams and started agriculture rather than living a sustainable hunter-gatherer existence. Hit a big Grey boomer at speed and you quite often don't survive it unless you're in something like an eighteen wheeler!

Contrary to popular opinion hunting firearms are generally legal and common in Oz. Yes, there are strict storage requirements and Semi-Autos and Auto's as well as hand guns are verboten but shotties and any kind of single action rifle pretty much is quite legal as long as it is licensed and stored properly.

And Ratch. Bill Ross's bike is, I think, still competing in the 750 class which makes it all the more remarkable. I stand in awe of people like Bill and Phil Arnold. They show me up as the rank amateur I am when it comes to engine building.

Pete

146mph is damn fast for a Guzzi!

Get thrown in jail for a few months if you do that these days!

Yah and the 225kmh with a big fatty like Pete at the helm ain't bad either, unless he farts in which case it is cheating.

Are the Griso Speedos as bad as the V11S early Veglias for accuracy?

I know mine is off by more than 5MPH at freeway speeds, and top speeds may be even worse.

Yah and the 225kmh with a big fatty like Pete at the helm ain't bad either, unless he farts in which case it is cheating.

Are the Griso Speedos as bad as the V11S early Veglias for accuracy?

I know mine is off by more than 5MPH at freeway speeds, and top speeds may be even worse.

Yes, but I have the wind cheating 'Fez of Death' to help me go fast :P

Of course the speedo will be inaccurate. When you're doing even remotely near those speeds it's all I can do to stop myself spraying the traffic I'm overtaking with excrement. The fact I may not be doing an 'Honest' 225kph worries me about as much as the fact that I am bald, fat and crapulous, ie, not a lot :D

Pete