Who's a naughty boy then?

pete roper

146mph is damn fast for a Guzzi!

Get thrown in jail for a few months if you do that these days!

Only if they catch you!

Being sensible though the ONLY time I ever experiment with that sort of speed is on roads I know where I can see miles ahead that it is clear, where I did the 225 pull is from the bottom of the escarpment near Bunged end back to town, it's about 5km and you can see it all the way. It won't help if Skippy decides to hop in front of you but you can see coppers.

Most of the time I rarely exceed 150KPH and that is 'Go to gaol' territory here in NSW. If you are caught with someone else the cops can charge you with 'Street Racing' and the new legislation means that the judge can order your vehicles destroyed! Gotta be pretty careful nowadays. The thing is Oz is HUGE and sparsely populated, (Greater London has a population only a bit smaller than the whole of Oz!) and although our roads are much shittier there are plenty of areas where you can still get away with going faster than you're allowed without running the risk of hurting anybody but yourself. It won't help you if you get pinged but unlike the Home Counties in England at least the roads aren't choked to almost permanent gridlock with senile gimps and soccer moms.

What really shits me is that I see apalling driving every day but none of the offenders ever get pulled up or pinged for doing real dangerous stuff but if I get pulled in the middle of nowhere doing 130KPH I get a three month ban and a $1200 fine! Ridiculous!

Pete

Only if they catch you!

Being sensible though the ONLY time I ever experiment with that sort of speed is on roads I know where I can see miles ahead that it is clear, where I did the 225 pull is from the bottom of the escarpment near Bunged end back to town, it's about 5km and you can see it all the way. It won't help if Skippy decides to hop in front of you but you can see coppers.

Most of the time I rarely exceed 150KPH and that is 'Go to gaol' territory here in NSW. If you are caught with someone else the cops can charge you with 'Street Racing' and the new legislation means that the judge can order your vehicles destroyed! Gotta be pretty careful nowadays. The thing is Oz is HUGE and sparsely populated, (Greater London has a population only a bit smaller than the whole of Oz!) and although our roads are much shittier there are plenty of areas where you can still get away with going faster than you're allowed without running the risk of hurting anybody but yourself. It won't help you if you get pinged but unlike the Home Counties in England at least the roads aren't choked to almost permanent gridlock with senile gimps and soccer moms.

What really shits me is that I see apalling driving every day but none of the offenders ever get pulled up or pinged for doing real dangerous stuff but if I get pulled in the middle of nowhere doing 130KPH I get a three month ban and a $1200 fine! Ridiculous!

Pete

The fine is better than "time" and giving up your "cherry" to someone you hardly know.