For all of you with a strong currency against the pound (everyone)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MOTO-GUZZI-MGS-01-CO...A1%7C240%3A1318

Starting bid is $10k UKP [sorry, don't want to take the time to find the "librum" symbol], but the reserve is set higher. Same starting price with no reserve, or a description openly stating the reserve that must be met [at this time, I conjecture $16k UKP, which is the "sale" price - remember, these only listed for $15k UKP new!] would be more interesting.

This one's for the suckers...

Its been sitting there gathering dust for ages- don't think a bike like an MGS01 is easy to sell in this current economic climate.

I would guess a bid around the £15k mark may get it?

The original championship winning Raceco Daytona is also up for sale if anyone is interested- see MGCGB site.

Now thats a proper race bike!

Guy

I never figured out why there is a concept of starting bid versus reserve. What is the fargin' point?

Reserve is usually unknown to bidders; it's the minimum the seller will accept.

Minimum bid is known to bidders, it's usually set low enough to get people to bid but high enough to weed out the wankers.

So in this case, with a $10k UKP starter, it is fargin' senseless to have a reserve; just set the minimum at the reserve & be done with it! :rolleyes:

I think the problem with that bike is that you probably cant get parts for it. Can you imagine trying to insure it? If you want to only got to the track with it, you can get a hell of a lot better track bike for that kind of money too. Can you imagine taking it to the track & highsiding it? Theres a very good reason that theres only 50 or so floating around.

It is a very beautiful white elephant.

I think the problem with that bike is that you probably cant get parts for it. Can you imagine trying to insure it? If you want to only got to the track with it, you can get a hell of a lot better track bike for that kind of money too. Can you imagine taking it to the track & highsiding it? Theres a very good reason that theres only 50 or so floating around.

I would ride it on the road like a forum member or two has done on here with a lights kit, but alas I can't afford it, wish I could its my dream bike more so than the D16RR, I would think parts not TOO impossible to come by but how many do you need if you don't drop it? B)

Parts readily available.

People do insure them.

Very beautiful red devil.