Hey BFG!

pete roper

I've got Margrave bidding on a W5AM pooter on fleabay at the moment. It's off an 1100 Griso but if I win it do you want me to see if I can load up the #2 8V map into it for you? I'll test it on my shitheap first of course but if it does and you can't get your bloke over there to load it up to your 'pooter you can send me yours and I'll do the upload and send it back and you can return the one from the 11.

Pete

...program it in backwards, so his bike slows down the more gas he gives it....

well, in fact, JR, that's one of the characteristics that is already present and I hope can be 'improved' on.

With the open pipe fitted, the low speed drivability of the motor took a big hit. At first I considered it dangerous, as the bike would surge, hiccough and stall when pulling out of junctions or going through roundabouts. Opening the throttle slowed the bike down and often killed it, with accompanying bangs and backfires like a gunfight at OK Corral.

The situation has improved. That's partly because I drive it differently to compensate: but it has also been said that the O2 sensor – ECU learns over time and adjusts itself. I find it hard to believe that it does learn over a lengthy period and so improves over weeks. Is it true?

I would think that the electronic brain-box 'just works' and does what it does instantaneously. Does it really learn?

– W5AM pooter –

Thanks very much Pete, for the great offer.

I've emailed the dealer about the recall work, to see when it can be done, and I'll have them do the map upgrade at the same time.

If there's a big delay or other problems, I'll get back to you to enquire about the swap.

I would think that the electronic brain-box 'just works' and does what it does instantaneously. Does it really learn?

It wouldn't be sensational if it does. I believe most modern cars do.

Each time Volvo decided to upgrade my car EFI software when servicing it, it ran like crap (especially at idle) for hundreds of kms, once more like a 1000 kms. <_ over that periods it ran better and finally was fixed by itself. i guess the default map is not good.>