Anyone here buy this?

Skeeve

Just wondered if I lost out to another v11LM'er!

Here's the link:

Ebay Griso exhaust

No regrets, I don't really have the $$$ to justify the expense, but the chance to pick up the nifty Griso 2->1 headers for something w/ factory build quality to cobble up an Enzo-style "Cobra" exhaust was sorely tempting! But now I'm wondering if the winner was of like mind or just some poor bloke riding a bent&binged Griso...

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Just wondered if I lost out to another v11LM'er!

Here's the link:

Ebay Griso exhaust

No regrets, I don't really have the $$$ to justify the expense, but the chance to pick up the nifty Griso 2->1 headers for something w/ factory build quality to cobble up an Enzo-style "Cobra" exhaust was sorely tempting! But now I'm wondering if the winner was of like mind or just some poor bloke riding a bent&binged Griso...

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

For the V11? You know those Griso header pipes are fat?

For the V11? You know those Griso header pipes are fat?

Yep, on the outside [double wall construction]; they're about the same internal diameter [or else the Griso would make much less power than a V11 [kinda like the Harleys do that run fat single-wall pipes... ;) ]]

[double wall construction]

Yeah. So you would use the headers as they are (I guess you couldn't bend them any) and make up the rest? With more fat-looking stuff?

> Use the Griso can too. Then you would have a mighty Boa Constrictor that would eat Enzo's Cobra alive.

Though dear knows what Enzo has moved on to now. A Kraken?

Yeah. So you would use the headers as they are (I guess you couldn't bend them any) and make up the rest? With more fat-looking stuff?

> Use the Griso can too. Then you would have a mighty Boa Constrictor that would eat Enzo's Cobra alive.

Good heavens no!

I don't mind the "phat" headers; the rest of the plumbing is tucked away underneath & wouldn't be an issue. But that travesty of a muffler would be the 1st thing I would have tossed! [in all actuality, I probably would have tried to sell it on eBay; when that was an abject failure, the next step would have been to take it out to the desert for use as a target! ;)]

No, the only appeal of that auction was the headers; from the secondary back to the dual cans [i [i]like[/i] the look of the stock mufflers, they're just too dang heavy!] would have required fabrication, but the heavy lifting would have been done.

Anyway, it's all just a fantasy anyway. I love the look of the stock pipes too, the only real problem with them is the difficulty of making a good collector in the limited space under the tranny with how far apart the respective headers are. The Stucchi is the best of the bunch, but even that is handicapped by the monumental task posed by smoothly merging & splitting exhaust streams that start almost a foot apart & end up separated by a similar distance, all in the space of about 18 inches. [sorry, not doing the metric conversion this time of night. ;) ]

I suppose the one with the most antlers won ?

er... the ebay bid? :P

No. The price was too 'dear' for an elk.

That exhaust is from my buddy Steve's bike. He centerpunched an elk with it in November.

Ouch! :o

I hope he's gonna survive. We only have the occasional run-in w/ deer here in SoCal, & few enough of those, not like back East where the woodrats are thick on the ground & attracted to highways...