Bad news

pete roper

Many may already of seen this but Mike and Todd have had a gutfull.

MPH has dropped Guzzi.

They'll still work on 'em but the 2nd biggest 'Dealer' in the USA has signed off with Piaggio USA.

What more can you say..........??????

Pete

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many may already of seen this but Mike and Todd have had a gutfull.

MPH has dropped Guzzi.

They'll still work on 'em but the 2nd biggest 'Dealer' in the USA has signed off with Piaggio USA.

What more can you say..........??????

Pete

I've had endless conversation with my very good MG dealer friend and the aftersales support Piaggio provides is abysmal at best! Broken promises, unpaid warranty claims, parts availability issues, minimal technical support, the list goes on. Its really a shame! Moto America was much different. It does not appear as though Piaggio is very concerned with the US market. This is very sad indeed!

Mike

I'm surprised and pretty bummed out by this news. Don't know the issues but I'm a big admirer of MPH for the kind way they treated me with my first dumb questions several years ago when I got into Guzzis. And Todd has been first rate in parts service and response.

Here in Texas they were the go-to guys on parts and service and I'm sorry to see them end the Guzzi corporate connection.

Mike and Todd, you guys will be missed by all but I hope you will continue, as Pete said, with service and repair work.

How long 'till the Washington crowd has had it?

Hopefully never (fingers crossed!).

I think I'll go out to the garage and find something that needs to be "replaced ;) " on the Ballabio and give they guys at MI a call...

Best of luck, Mike & Todd.

Sure it's naive, but I still find it hard to understand. If it hadn't been for the obsessive dedication of less than a handful of top notch dealers, along with Guzzisti, Moto Guzzi probably would have never survived in this country, perhaps even at all, given its microscopic market share. And Piaggio couldn't care less... Very sad.

On a similar note, apparently our local dealer has already dropped everything Piaggio, including Aprilia and Guzzi, leaving BMW, Ducati and Triumph in their line-up. Back in December they'd told me it was going to happen, but didn't think it would be so fast.

Daaaaaammmnnnn... :o

PiaggioUSA better get their heads out their collective backsides, or they'll lose the ability to sell motorcycles at all. The scooter boutiques will still be able to move the scooters, which are appliances, but the support network for the bikes is fading fast... All part of a grand plan to pitch the sale of the marque to H-D?

Sad news, indeed. Mike and Todd got singled out for especially abysmal treatment. IMO, they made a wise decision to cut their losses before the economy tanks further, making it even harder to survive in this business.

Why do you think they got treated badly Greg? I got along well with Todd at the Laverda Rally in LA a few yrs back, great guy!

Steve

This sucks!

My bike was purchased from MPH by the original owner.I called them when I was working in Texas one week.Todd gave me a tour of the shop and treated me like a VIP, even though I hadn't spent 1 cent in their shop yet.

Understandably times are tough for all companies ,especially luxury items such as motorcycles.But Piaggio was seemingly clueless in good economic times,but now ,forget it.If they don't turn it around in 24 months or so,I think I'll be looking for a used low mileage 1100S Monster.Saw one in another former MG shop last week and was impressed with the build quality.As soon as roads clear here I'm gonna take one out for a demo ride.Love or hate the image of Ducati and their riders,(I don't have an opinion either way),they're not going anywhere.I'll try to keep the V11 forever,but I also ride a lot of miles and don't like sob stories and excuses from manufacturers concerning parts availability,or designs flaws,especially when it effects my hard earned and ever shrinking dollar.

Looks like MI is the beacon for Guzzi owner's lost in a sea of Piaggio sh@t! :angry2:

Sad news for sure - I'm disappointed. I split my business between Todd and Greg, stopping by MPH when in Houston for business. Todd was responsive, fair, and made me feel welcome. I've been eying an Aprilia as a second bike - largely to avoid major (Japanese) brands or the "cost and mental overhead" I view in BMW and Ducati options. Guess its time for a run up to Washington...

I too consider myself lucky I'm just 2 hrs drive from MI. The Canadian M.G. dealers have to deal with their own version of Piaggio USA, called Scooter Canada, bunch of clueless salesmen. Dealers here are spending alot of time shaking their heads.

Steve