Hooch

Dan M

Woodford Reserve bourbon, Casadores tequila, Rodenbach Grand Cru (sour ale), Walla Walla Vintners

"..piss water in US?"

haven't been in touch with the hand crafted beers throughout the northeast or northwest, eh? Dogfishhead Ale will knock you out with a smile on your face

I'm with you on the Woodford Reserve. One of the better small batch bourbons in it's range.

There are quite a few good US breweries. They are just small and lesser known. Most don't export either. One of my favorite midwest brews is Bell's Kalamazoo Stout.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Molson product, or any of the other major producers shouldnt get airtime as they are absolute shit. No offense man but one of the best perks of being on the road is trying out the local micro gear. depends on where you live i guess but I havent had to repeat a 6 pack on the trail yet. If im stopped, tent up & not trying to persuade a badger into my sleeping bag, then I would have to hit a single malt, never found a favorite, buddy ran a bar with 38 different ones, we tried but no faves, all good except the livet and fiddich, something in my Scots background wont bear it.

Molson product, or any of the other major producers shouldnt get airtime as they are absolute shit. No offense man but one of the best perks of being on the road is trying out the local micro gear. depends on where you live i guess but I havent had to repeat a 6 pack on the trail yet. If im stopped, tent up & not trying to persuade a badger into my sleeping bag, then I would have to hit a single malt, never found a favorite, buddy ran a bar with 38 different ones, we tried but no faves, all good except the livet and fiddich, something in my Scots background wont bear it.

Must be a regional thing. Around here the goal is to get a beaver in your sleeping bag. ;)

Here's a good article for the Bourbon drinkers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...ml?hpid=topnews

To paraphrase; 'my, my look at the time'.

Time to have a drink, anyhow.

The latest is Glenfarklas, cask strength. Not bad, but needs a bit of water to cut it down.

You can have all the Molson Canadian you want. Can't help you with the other stuff!

Ryan? Steve? Am I right?

Most mass produced Canadian beers are pure cat piss. And MC is about as bad as it gets. It's barely acceptable for marinating a cheap cut of steak!

If I'm in a beer mood, it's Phillips Amnesiac IPA, made in Victoria, BC. For the true hop head in us all. As far as whiskey, my current inventory includes 16 single malt scotches, all differing regions and tastes. But if I'm going to just sit down with a straight tumbler of whiskey, it's got to be Red Breast single pot whiskey from Ireland. There's just no better in pure flavour!!

Steve

I'll play :D

I'm not a big beer drinker, never done a drug, although the day I retire I may smoke a joint just for kicks to see what its like/the appeal. My big vice is vodka martini's, cognac's, brandy's, and anejo and reposado tequila's. I can't always afford the $50 bottle stuff so I'm generally stuck buying the Christian Bros, E&J brandy or some other $20 1.75 liter bottle.

I don't have an addictive personality so it was no problem to give these vices up. Wait until you retire to smoke because it was FUN! Music , food and laughter never felt,sounded or tasted so good.

A conversion to Christianity caused me to give these activities up for expediency(sp) rather than conviction.

I don't have an addictive personality so it was no problem to give these vices up. Wait until you retire to smoke because it was FUN! Music , food and laughter never felt,sounded or tasted so good.

A conversion to Christianity caused me to give these activities up for expediency(sp) rather than conviction.

I have strong Christian values, yet have not felt it bad to occasionally sample what is available legally.

Steve

My favourite hooch is no longer available Alfred Lambs Special Reserve Rum, more like a fine Brandy oh why did they stop. Me and the guzzi were past a lot of famous distilleries last week but no time to stop. Recently craked open a bottle of Jack Daniels silver select single barrel it was as rough as old boots!

If I can find a good reason, I'll dip into my stash of Midletons whiskey. For the day to day, Miller High Life and a little Jack (just to knock the trail dust off :lol: ) works fine in a pinch.

GmlFlasker3742.jpg

its what does it for me, 1000 years of traditions and fine tuning, one of the best drams in the world.

I might consider a sip of Auchentosch as replacement....