Pork Chops

Lamedog

As I'm watching Mille108 handcraft a beautiful new bike, I seem to recall a similar effort by Paul Minnaert to machine custom pork-chops for his race bike. I searched but cannot find. Was this a dream? Gotta say, both Mille and Paul set a high standard, but makes me proud of the tribe.

these?

frame16.jpg

Indeed Paul - Those be they. The context is lacking a bit - Why (other than to shame those of us that purchase and bolt up, rather than truly create)? I take it these were used for the V12 project bike to support the different tail section and reaction rod? Or was this about weight?

They are beauties - but I miss the holes. I'm probably alone in thinking the 90's Daytona "Porkchops" were a masterwork. I can understand they were at odds with the V11 side panel design. But I regret their loss. Especially the holes.

Thanks for sharing...

Indeed Paul - Those be they. The context is lacking a bit - Why (other than to shame those of us that purchase and bolt up, rather than truly create)? I take it these were used for the V12 project bike to support the different tail section and reaction rod? Or was this about weight?

They are beauties - but I miss the holes. I'm probably alone in thinking the 90's Daytona "Porkchops" were a masterwork. I can understand they were at odds with the V11 side panel design. But I regret their loss. Especially the holes.

Thanks for sharing...

Well the reason to make these was because I needed a different pivot point for the swingarm, it is moved 60 mm to the gearbox, and a bit down. This to have a longer swingarm, I extended that 70mm. While I was doing it, I made the footrest mounting adjustable. My footrests are where the swingarm pivot is on the v11.

Yes the holes, I had a long thought and didn't make them in. The hole in the frame isn't the best painted part, and after so much years with hole, I wanted to close it.

I'm probably alone in thinking the 90's Daytona "Porkchops" were a masterwork. I can understand they were at odds with the V11 side panel design. But I regret their loss. Especially the holes.

No, you're most definitely not alone! The pork chops on the Daytona & 1100 Spot were glorious, but CNC'd billet is more expensive to make than the machined castings found on the spineys from the Sporti forward.

It has been a dream of mine to repop the Spot-style pork chops in the correct offsets to fit on the '01+ Sport & its derivatives [like my '03 LM], with threads & screw on caps so that the hollow center can be used for packing a lunch or tools or something. Extra fuel? Anything to lower the c.g! ;):nerd::luigi:

Idle vanity, I know, but wonderful to dream about, esp. after seeing Paul's efforts...

Mille - Again you're killing me. Pork Chops and Sweet Potatoes both!

Seriously pretty. Can't wait to see how you connect point A and point B.

The world is waiting for an elaborate crossover.........