painful butt

donsgone

Hi all,haven't had my V-11 very long and can't keep off the thing however and I'm sure this must of been covered a hundred times the seat is a real pain ,I've put a Airhawk on but not had a chance to try it any real distance so was wondering if any one has used a Corbin seat on this model bike and if so is it worth the rather large out lay in beer tokens,cheers all ,Don

Hi Don

I find the seat fine but we are all different! Rather than splashing out on a Corbin, maybe worth getting your existing seat modified- Tony Archer in Huddersfield does excellent work is is reasonably priced- he'll also sew in a nice Italian flag on your seat cover if you want some bling.

May also be worth looking at your rear shock settings.

Cheers

Guy

Hi Don,

FWIW - If you do go the Corbin route....I have read where the seats are slightly different for the older red frames and the newer V11's. Additionally, I read that you need to make sure you get the correct one from Corbin or you will fight fitting it on.

Regards,

Bob

Some people love corbins, some do not. I am on of the do nots. I find them very different then stock but no better then a stock V11 seat.

Rich Maund has a good reputation for rebuilding the stock seat on V11s. I have no direct experience with him since the stock seat has so far been fine.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10430

Rich Maund, Sargent, Bill Russell,anyone but Corbin would not be up there on the top of the line seat rebuilders.

YOUR butt is going to be sitting on that seat so you want the best.

Some people love corbins, some do not. I am on of the do nots. I find them very different then stock but no better then a stock V11 seat.

Rich Maund has a good reputation for rebuilding the stock seat on V11s. I have no direct experience with him since the stock seat has so far been fine.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10430

I've got 2 Maund jobs, 'nuff said

I agree modifying your seat is the way to go. Those add-ons only make you slip around more. I used Spencers in FLA - he does a great job, is fast and cheap! I got his "long distance" foam/honeycomb installed for $75 and one day turnaround! I took it for a short ride last Sunday and it felt so comfortable that I'm looking forward to long trips when Spring weather actually gets here. I immediately noticed the lack of pressure points. Joe