People in Mandello are very worried about the factory closing, most of the buildings are empty and there is not a very large workshop. Locals are also worried about the knock on effect on other business in Mandello supplying parts to Guzzi. The Raduno seems to be cancelled for good due to the costs for Moto Guzzi, Club Mandello are having their own International rally this year but not in Mandello. The Aprilia V4 seems to have upset locals as money is being spent developing Aprilia but nothing on Guzzi. What makes me laugh about Piaggio is that most scooters on the road in Italy are made in Japan! Not that Piaggio's are made in Italy. If you want to see more photos of the museum look on this link I have not had time to upload them all yet

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17839437@N00/?saved=1

Not that Piaggio's are made in Italy.

Euan, the Piaggio plant at Pontadero is the same size as Edinburgh - what is it they do in there?

How's the weather? Lucky bar steward.

Put in a good word for me at Agostini's old bean.

If you're in Stucchis, say hello to Hutch and Lisa from me.

See you when you get back.

Euan, the Piaggio plant at Pontadero is the same size as Edinburgh - what is it they do in there?

How's the weather? Lucky bar steward.

Put in a good word for me at Agostini's old bean.

If you're in Stucchis, say hello to Hutch and Lisa from me.

See you when you get back.

Assemble bits made elsewhere

Most of the Aprilias that we actually sell here in the US are made in China.

Yep, that was a big part of the plan when Piaggio bought out Aprillia: control production of their largest competitor, move it offshore to dilute the nameplate while raising profits, and keep Vespa at home as a luxury brand [they learned their lesson about that after the India debacle... ;)]

Ah well, scooters are supposed to be cheap & cheerful, right? :)

Do you realize how POOR the quality is coming from China?

Oh yes, I'm aware! That was supposed to be a bit facetious.... ;)