Guest ratchethack
How real men start their Guzzi :o

At 62.5 cc displacement per cylinder, far easier to "hand start" the V8 than overcome the compression of 532 cc per cylinder of the V11. :P

At 62.5 cc displacement per cylinder, far easier to "hand start" the V8 than overcoming the compression of 532 cc per cylinder of the V11. :P

Maybe that is the next big challenge :D

There must be a method, over tighten one valve clearance, roll back onto compression, retard ignition with Myecu, couple of brawny lads either side applying spin with no fear, 'et voila!!!' the Guzzi rumble. :P

Guest ratchethack

Over on this side o' the pond, we have an entire "subculture" of Motor Davidson Harley Cycle types in various stages of chronic arrested development, who like to advertize that their ol' ladies (to use that term in it's loosest possible meaning) can "suck start" their Big Twins. :o

And wot a great wallopping powerful vacuum that must be. . . Kinda makes you double over a little just to think about it, dunnit? :unsure:

Over on this side o' the pond, we have an entire "subculture" of Motor Davidson Harley Cycle types in various stages of chronic arrested development, who like to advertize that their ol' ladies (to use that term in it's loosest possible meaning) can "suck start" their Big Twins. :o

I have a bit of a dilemma here ratchethack - curiosity makes me want to know more, but I really don't think I should. :unsure:

A bit like ordering the Mega Donner Kebab with extra chilli sauce after a few beers, delicious till half way through, then progressively worse until you really regret eating the damn thing the following morning. :P

Think I'll leave the hand starting of the Guzzi to others :rolleyes: