Paranoid?

V11UK

If it wasn't for the info on this forum, I would've never bought my Quota or the V11Sport. This forum provided me with a "heads up" on what to expect and it also kept any surprises from happening, like when the bike quit about 10 miles from home (relay). Instead of standing beside the road and spending hours tearing my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong, I inserted the Bosch relay I had from my Quota and.......vroooooooooom, rode to the shop to get the relays replaced under warranty.

If you want to get really depressed, especially if you own a Suzuki TL1000S, go to

www.micapeak.com , clik on the "registry" and check out the testimonials on there.

I owned a TL1000S. 16,000 kms (400 k after a full service) the main bearing went and destroyed the engine. Sucksuki Canada was absolutely no help and even suggested the problem was from "too many wheelies". Worst bike I've ever owned. 1 problem after another with no help from Sucksuki.

I know what you mean though about hearing just the bad stuff and the tongue in cheek comment hits home :bier:

A note for readers of the forum. I'm at about 5400 miles on my Le Mans and (jabs about lowered pegs aside :whistle: ) it's nearly flawless now. The sum total of problems I experienced:

* Hesitation around 4000 RPM - caused by setting the mixture too lean trying to get better gas mileage

* Transmission sight-glass was only finger-tight

* Minor oil weeping from head gaskets and crankshaft pulse sensor

* Weeping final drive vent bolt

* Leaking Bitubo steering damper

* Flaking paint on final drive

And that's it! Of those things, only one of them was an actual problem (ie, impacted riding the bike), and I had caused it myself with the quest for higher gas mileage.

So now, I've got this bike that I'm perfectly happy with. It's great. Pity it's going to have to go away for a few weeks for the engine case swap (which Moto International reports will hopefully happen next month), but hey, having the engine apart for free means I can get the dynamic parts cheaply balanced, which is good!

There you have it, a report of good things happening.

Nice Ian! :bier:

Ya know, I was gonna post a good report also because I just blew out the cobwebs on the Rosso Mandello.

Really nice day today in Connecticut. Clear skies and temps in the low 70's.

Fall foliage is near peak and roads dry. Bike fired right up, ran perfect.

Slowly cruised around and enjoyed the vibrant colors and the really clean air. (thanks Canada!) Leaned it over also........

Then at stop signs I did the "Italian tuneup" and worked the mechanicals of the bike if you know what I mean. ;)

Oh, and cluthless upshifts at WOT are very addictive. :whistle:

2000 miles or so since I did my engine case swap. Not a drop of oil to be seen and case looks perfect....bike seems to be getting stronger every day. (almost 9000 miles)

Oh and the EV has turned into one of those bikes that just needs gas, oil and tires. :mg:

So, just another good report. :thumbsup:

I have not heard anyone whine about parts taking forever in a long long time. :D  Knock on wood...

Funny you should mention that...

My bike has been with MGUK since the first week of June for what amounts to near enough a ground up rebuild, all under warranty. I'm told that the required parts finally turned up by the end of Spetember, but there is still no news on when I'lll get the bike back, and quite frankly I'm way past caring.

I will remain a Guzzi owner for precisely as long as it takes to offload the useless piece of junk and replace it with anything that...no, cancel that, no qualification is necessary - replacing it with anything will be fine.

Andy

Guest northend

Jeez, What a bunch of whiner's :(:( . Try ordering a Jap part some time and see how long it takes :bbblll: . I think you all need to get out more , go for a ride :bike: ,get laid :blink: or something. If everything is that bad, sell it and go buy one of those disposable 175 HP pieces of tin!! :finger:

Oh, Have a nice day :sun: .........Jeff

Guest PAULSMART

KB -

In wonderful :sun: Wales!

The relay is:

BOSCH SPDT 12VDC part no: 0 332 207 307

I found a local stockist via a web search, but yellow pages will do the job, as will auto electrical suppliers. cost around £5-6 each.

you should also do a 'Bosch relay' search on this forum for further info as I can only guess they should be ok for 02 bikes, I'm sure another forum member will kindly confirm this.

Nice easy 2 minute job that provides a lot of peace of mind.

Paul - :sun: Cardiff, Wales

Jeez, What a bunch of whiner's :(  :( . Try ordering a Jap part some time and see how long it takes :bbblll: .

Last time I ordered a Kawasaki part it took 7 working days from Japan to Scotland. Dealer told me it would be 10 to 14 days so I was quite pleased. Everything my wife has needed for her 8 year old Honda has come from the shop's current stock - despite her bike being a Japan only model.

I think you all need to get out more

undoubtedly :)

, go for a ride :bike:

No thanks, it's snowing.

get laid :blink:

BTDT, I can recommend it

or something.

Ah, that ever elusive 'or something' If I ever find out what it is I'm going to do it until something breaks or falls off :D

If everything is that bad, sell it and go buy one of those disposable 175 HP pieces of tin!! :finger:

Err, see previous post.

Oh, Have a nice day :sun: .........Jeff

Cheers Jeff, you da man :grin:

Andy

Foxbat...what was wrong with the bike?

I've bored the forum at length with details before so rather than clog up bandwidth again, I'll send you my diary of disaster direct. Be warned though - it isn't suitable for bedtime reading :o

Andy