LeMans Headlight

Guest max

Guest JohnInNH

:bbblll: YES

But it ain't :sun:

All funning aside it is a lot better than my 1996 California, but nothing as good as my BMW R100RS

Having had 6 volt HD's a Triumph w/o a battery, and even a newer HD I find the headlight average. I have had a LOT worse and a LOT better. I would say it is on par for 1980's or so bike.

I do not like to ride at night because of deer + Moose.

Seems they like me :wub:

This is not bad compare to the sport / daytona one !

I find the v11 is much better for night drive than my SuperTwin.

By the way, trying to replace the complete guzzi light from my daytona rs by a BMW C1 front light. :homer:

Will tell you how it works.

Guest Thundering Subash

The stock Guzzi headlight sucks. The best stock headlight I've come across is a late model Triumph RS or ST (those Brits are used to riding in foul whether and design their their bikes to stand up to such conditions).

Well boys and girls, I rode the new toy last night, and all I can say is that if you havn't ridden a Ducati ST lately, you don't know what crap for a headlight is. The Lemans was GREAT after I adjusted it up a little........I could see!!! I'm happy

Guest pasturej

I also adjusted mine up a bit and it gives a reasonable beam, improved by the replacement bulb which promised a "30% increase in light" - not sure how- despite only being a 60/55. What a job though! I hadn't read the posts on the topic when I went to replace the bulb. A couple of hours later, half the fairing off and then back together and I was done. :bike: If I'd known how long it would take I would have put something more powerful in there. :(

Anyone tried replacing the stock shell with something a bit easier to work on?

I agree with the earlier comment that Triumph headlights are great. Those on my Trophy really light up the road - as the policeman who nicked me the other day commented :rolleyes:

Guest Brian Robson

There was a thread about removing the fairing....2 allen bolts on each side of the fairing, the 2 allen bolts just in front of the turnsignals, remove the mirrors and disconnect the turnsignal wires...bingo, the fairing pulls off forwards in one piece, leaving open access to the headlight and all the front wiring......10 minutes maximum (thanks to the previous thread).