Redline Heavy Shockproof,front and rear boxes?

mznyc

About to do a long overdue transmission and bevel box fluid change as it hasn't been done since Ive owned it and been unusually nothchy last couple o rides,(hopefully not the pawling spring,changed by the PO).

Do you use the same fluid in the rear as the tranny box?

Thanks,

michael

Guest ratchethack

Yes.

Any Q's, may I recommend calling Dave toll free in the Tech Dept., Redline WW HQ offices for friendly, expert application knowledge.

Red Line Synthetic Oil Corporation is open for business

Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. PST.

Red Line Synthetic Oil Corporation

6100 Egret Court

Benicia, CA 94510

PHONE: (800) 624-7958

If I may add, take the time to remove the transmission side cover and clean out the accumulated metal paste from the bottom and the gear selector mechanism. Clean and lube your shifter pivot too. :thumbsup:

Guest ratchethack
If I may add, take the time to remove the transmission side cover and clean out the accumulated metal paste from the bottom and the gear selector mechanism. Clean and lube your shifter pivot too. :thumbsup:

This suggestion is spot-on, Dan. Particularly in the case where a gearbox has started to act up, with a history of a PO meddling with it for a pawl spring replacement.

I've had no occasion to open my gearbox yet, it's something I'd never thought about doing proactively, but will do next gear lube change -- even though it's operating perfectly now. Who knows wot I'll find in the swarf? That knowledge would be worth the effort and peace of mind down the road to many, myself included.

Thanks for the suggestion. :luigi:

Just fucking relax. This is not that complicated. PM me, and I can tell you all, or be at mercy of the rabble here . . .

Yea, what was I thinking? Overdue for fluid change, notchy shifting, I'm sure it is clean as a whistle in there. Guzzi boxes never have metal paste in the bottom do they Greg. Come to think of it, I've never seen or heard of a dirty shifter pivot causing shifting issues either. Must have been a dream.

By all means don't take the extra 15 minutes needed to get the cover off. Have a drink instead, then you can make belligerent replies to posts.

Is that your secret?

Actually, getting roasted for giving constructive advice pisses me off.

There is nothing about my suggestion that deserves a "fucking relax" from Greg or is "rabble"

I tend to do jobs thoroughly. If he doesn't agree he should say so. The "fucking relax" is uncalled for.

Yup, red heavy in both...and it really helped the shifting as well. k

Yea, what was I thinking? Overdue for fluid change, notchy shifting, I'm sure it is clean as a whistle in there. Guzzi boxes never have metal paste in the bottom do they Greg. Come to think of it, I've never seen or heard of a dirty shifter pivot causing shifting issues either. Must have been a dream.

By all means don't take the extra 15 minutes needed to get the cover off. Have a drink instead, then you can make belligerent replies to posts.

Dan:

Why do you always think I am speaking only to you? I was speaking to MZNYC. Have a drink. And relax.

As for RLSH? I've used it in two bikes for a total of about 40,000 miles. It works great, for a while. Pretty soon, your bike will start to show a degradation in shifting, and to get back what you had, you have to change the oil. On my bikes, this happens at about 4,000-5,000 miles. I have concluded that the stuff is too expensive for those change intervals. Otherwise, I love it and think it might be a good choice for someone who doesn't put on a lot of miles.

Greg is right....an easy job can seem difficult by some of the opinionated and not factual rabble here. Anyway, I use it and it also stopped a small rear main seal leak I had going. Good stuff!

Actually, getting roasted for giving constructive advice pisses me off.

There is nothing about my suggestion that deserves a "fucking relax" from Greg or is "rabble"

I tend to do jobs thoroughly. If he doesn't agree he should say so. The "fucking relax" is uncalled for.

Hi Dan,

I took Greg's remarks to be flippant, that was my UK humour take on this, I hope I was not wrong. The post I was going to send suggested that now all forum members were elevated to the level of 'rabble' :bier: , certainly not to be denegrating.

Thanks for your advice - I'll have a look next oil change.

Cheers