Manual languages

docc

I have an owner's manual with four languages and a shop manual in three. The Owner's Manual is in Italian, English, French and (I believe) German.

The Shop Manual is in English and two other languages similar to both German and French.

Could you please help identify some common phrases?

With regard to the spark plugs:

"KERZEN Das Motorrad ist mit NGK BPR6ES Kerzen ausgestattet, der Abstand zwischen den Elektroden betragt 0,7 mm. " (Swiss?)

"BOUGIES De moto is uitgerust mit bougis NGK BPR 6 ES met een afstand tussen de elektroden van 0,7 mm." (Belgian or perhaps Dutch?)

"Zundkerzen Zur Reingung und Kontrolle des Elektroden abstands sind die Zundkerzen periodisch zu eintfernen." (German?)

I am sorry that my keyboard will not stroke the proper umlaut "u" in "zundkerzen" or the "a" in "betragt."

Thank you for your kind help, docc

I think that the ones with actual descriptors are saying "Use a a BPR6ES gapped to 0.7mm"

The German one probably says "We have invaded Poland many times since the invention of the internal combustion engine and we just stick spark plus in and go. Unfortunately we have yet to get to Moscow before the snow starts!"

Pete

I have an owner's manual with four languages and a shop manual in three. The Owner's Manual is in Italian, English, French and (I believe) German.

The Shop Manual is in English and two other languages similar to both German and French.

Could you please help identify some common phrases?

With regard to the spark plugs:

"KERZEN Das Motorrad ist mit NGK BPR6ES Kerzen ausgestattet, der Abstand zwischen den Elektroden betragt 0,7 mm. " (Swiss?)

"BOUGIES De moto is uitgerust mit bougis NGK BPR 6 ES met een afstand tussen de elektroden van 0,7 mm." (Belgian or perhaps Dutch?)

"Zundkerzen Zur Reingung und Kontrolle des Elektroden abstands sind die Zundkerzen periodisch zu eintfernen." (German?)

I am sorry that my keyboard will not stroke the proper umlaut "u" in "zundkerzen" or the "a" in "betragt."

Thank you for your kind help, docc

german

dutch

german

There is no Swiss language. The people of Switzerland speak many languages. They are influenced by the languages of France, Germany, Italy and Austria. A majority of the people, around 64%,speak German or the German influenced Swiss dialect of "Schwyzerdütsch." Around 19% of the Swiss people speak French. Another 8 % of the Swiss population speaks Italian while 1 % speaks Raeto-Romanic or Romansch.

german

dutch

german

There is no Swiss language. The people of Switzerland speak many languages. They are influenced by the languages of France, Germany, Italy and Austria. ...

So it is, and Pete Roper is a dump asshole!

Hubert

So it is, and Pete Roper is a dumb asshole!

Hubert

And Hubert is what? A precious politically correct pillock with no sense of humour? Who would of guessed! :rolleyes:

Pete

PS I corrected your spelling, but you're forgiven :P

Anytime. THX.

Hubert

I apologise for he hole thing, the rest remains flat. I can't call that a joke, not even a flat one. It probably has to do with the fact that I'm German. I don't think I'd call myself a politically correct pillock (without having looked up that word - no, I looked it up, right now).

The first German line is from the shop manual and the second from the owner's manual.

I suppose the verbiage between the two manual varies just enough to make the words look puzzling as if these were in fact slightly different languages.

I've kept most of the Sport's maintenance records in Italian these nine years. Not that I speak Italian, but the translation has always been on the facing page in the Owner's Manual. It has been fun, although it was pointed out that any subsequent owner may not be so amused!

Plus, my wife seems decidedly aroused by spoken Italian. I hope she doesn't find out I've been whispering sweet valve adjustments to her! :wub:

Plus, my wife seems decidedly aroused by spoken Italian. I hope she doesn't find out I've been whispering sweet valve adjustments to her! :wub:

That's too funny, I nearly pissed my pants.

I'm going to have to try this out. :bike::thumbsup:

Now where's that link...

So speaking of manuals i was looking at mine for the rear bevel box oil level so i can change it,i've got a 2002 Le Mans,in the manual it shows B as being the top plug A as the middle plug and of course C as the drain plug,but when you read thr Italian English they say A is the filler plug and B is the level plug,as A is lower than B well you get where i'm coming from,"Confused in Canada"

Also when i checked in with the Guzzi dealer after i bought the bike they recommend'ed 75-90 as apposed to the manuals 80-90 dont' know if 5w makes much diff'erence any thoughts on this,apolo'gys for highjacking the thread a little.

Thanks Stu.

Stu,

You're sure that's the bevel drive? I thought that silliness was about the gearbox. Simplest thing is to drain out of the lowest possible point.

And (otherwise), wasn't there some spoof going around suggesting the English language was too complicated and "w" and "wh" should be changed to "v" while "oo" could be substituted with "u" and so on? It vas gut ven all done. Surely, one of you saved this?

I'm going upstairs now. I've been practicing the phrase: "Ma manutenzione . . . mi valvole . . . ooh, si - mi albero! Belissimo! B) "

(wish me luck, I think she's on to the ruse . . . :o )

Stu,

You're sure that's the bevel drive? I thought that silliness was about the gearbox. Simplest thing is to drain out of the lowest possible point.

And (otherwise), wasn't there some spoof going around suggesting the English language was too complicated and "w" and "wh" should be changed to "v" while "oo" could be substituted with "u" and so on? It vas gut ven all done. Surely, one of you saved this?

I'm going upstairs now. I've been practicing the phrase: "Ma manutenzione . . . mi valvole . . . ooh, si - mi albero! Belissimo! B) "

(wish me luck, I think she's on to the ruse . . . :o )

Yah got my box'es mixed up not something you want to do "Nudge nudge wink wink",anyhoo's i ment the rear transmission box on the rear wheel hub,so whats the answer to my original question.

Stu.

So speaking of manuals i was looking at mine for the rear bevel box oil level so i can change it,i've got a 2002 Le Mans,in the manual it shows B as being the top plug A as the middle plug and of course C as the drain plug,but when you read thr Italian English they say A is the filler plug and B is the level plug,as A is lower than B well you get where i'm coming from,"Confused in Canada"

Also when i checked in with the Guzzi dealer after i bought the bike they recommend'ed 75-90 as apposed to the manuals 80-90 dont' know if 5w makes much diff'erence any thoughts on this,apolo'gys for highjacking the thread a little.

Thanks Stu.

The difference is miniscule. I use Motorcraft Synthetic 75-90 gear lube.I let the old fluid drain overnight.Install drain plug (very important) and fill till it comes out middle plug.Ride it about 2 mi. and recheck level after sitting for an hour.