breather hose

Jap In OZ

Hello!

The breather hose (I think that's what you call it) cracked on the scura just at the point were it goes back to the engine oil everywhere!! a bit of ducttape and a few tie-wraps later it was a little bit better but made for some quenched buttocks riding home.

Ok and now the challenge get the right part!!

I think it is this one: 16 823 956 080 1 Tubo sfiato Breather pipe Tube d'évent Entlüfterrohr? Can anyone confirm that?

Just to clarify it's the hose that runs from the steeringhead to back to the engine it's about 30mm.

Any help would be appreciated!

Ciao

Jasper

Danke Guzzi@go!

It's the second one! the metal I think the other part conects it further to the Crankcase!

Just ordered it from TLM..

Cheers

Jasper

It just so happens that I have parts catalogue in front of me. However, can't start anything with the number you mention. :huh:

Two pipes there:

#14 - short one - 01 00 72 00

01007200.jpg

#18 - long one - 30 15 74 00

30157400-z.jpg

Guest ratchethack
when you change the hose look for the check valve located in the crankcase end of the hose!
There is usually a valve inside the breather needed to be replaced with the new hose.
No valve to be found inside any part of the V11 breather hose -- nor the block, according to the Guzzi Service manual.

Guest ratchethack
Wasn't there a nifty Ford heater hose that could be trimmed to fit and more durable?

Yep. Don't ever recall any long-term feedback on those, but coolant hoses aren't formulated for, nor capable of standing up to use for oil. :huh2:

Yep. Don't ever recall any long-term feedback on those, but coolant hoses aren't formulated for, nor capable of standing up to use for oil. :huh2:

Amen ! You might not tell it looking at the outside. the inside will disfigure and collapse.

Heres what I was able to dig up with a search. I bought one but havent used it yet. Anyone have another alternative?

http://www.guzzitech.com/photos/EVBreatherHose.jpg

On Guzzitech somebody posted a Ford heater hose that appears to be perfectly curved for the V11EV.

It may also fit our bike:

http://www.guzzitech.com/EVBreatherHose-Joe_B.html

Pictured below is the Goodyear Ford hose #63318 compared to the EV hose

Here is the NAPAonline part number and description:

Item#: NBH10912

Price: $ 26.79

Attributes:

Attributes: Hose - Heater

I.D.(s): .62'' x .62'' x .62''

Length: 23.7''

Jim

Jim

Guest ratchethack

Jim, I'm sure this hadn't escaped your attention, but for others who might tend to skim, skip, or ignore the caveats (previously posted numerous times in this thread). . .

From your link above at GuzziTech:

"I was in urgent need of replacement of the crankcase breather hose on my 98EV. The hose I used was Dayco #80404.
It's intended purpose was as a
coolant hose
. . . This hose was used in an urgent situation and probably should be noted for this.
I replaced this particular hose after 10-12000 miles due to it starting to look poor, very soft and starting to swell.
I have received several emails from those unhappy that this $4.00 coolant hose may not be up to their expectations of the $30 + special grade factory hose
."

Anyone have another alternative?

The alternative I came up with was high grade petrochem and heat tolerant bulk hose from an industrial hose supplier, with one each 90-degree and 135-degree "ells" in it. The total cost was <$20 USD. Mine's been on there for ~20K miles so far without a hint of a weep, seep, swelling, softening, cracking (as the OE hose did at 10K miles), or any other sign of fatigue.