Where Eagles Fly? Are they taking the pith?

Guzzirider

Just been reading about the Guzzi event Where Eagles Fly http://www.whereaglesfly.com/EN/

So lets get this right, Guzzi want punters to pay them nearly a £1000 to ride in the cold torrential rain from London to Milan in November? What will they see in Milan- Piaggios latest model range which will be about as exciting as collecting bus tickets.

I bet there are thousands of Guzzisti queing up for this one- not!

What a ridiculous event- why could they have not done something much more exciting in the summer, on nicer roads, maybe in the Dolomites?

I think there will be much more enthusiasm from true Guzzisti for the protest in Mandello later this month at least it will still be warm and sunny then.

Guy

l see the organizers (MAC Events) also do the Mille Miglia for old cars...

I think it's really bad when a factory like MG supports a commercially motivated event that is based on participation of their loyal customers and fans.

And I'm being nice now...

You get four nights lodging and seven meals. If fuel for the 3000 kms was included, it would be a deal.

Don't forget the "sag wagon" in case of breakdowns...

I used to wonder why folks would spend so much for moto tours until I realized that they're paying for the convenience of not having to book X reservations for X stops on the route, + paying for the driver & gas of the van to carry luggage & drive 'sweep', etc. Then it makes sense.

Except that I still don't have the $$ for it... <_>

:rolleyes:

I think not even one person from the UK will enter this unless they are connected to a dealer. Most riders have breakdown insurance, like to chose their own route and accomodation too.

And you can get a flight for fifty quid!

The whole thing is a joke.

I will happily start guided tours to Italy if people are willing to pay that.

I think there will be much more enthusiasm from true Guzzisti for the protest in Mandello later this month at least it will still be warm and sunny then.

There's going to be a protest in Mandello?

First I've heard of this. A workers protest? Any details?

I think not even one person from the UK will enter this unless they are connected to a dealer. Most riders have breakdown insurance, like to chose their own route and accomodation too.

And you can get a flight for fifty quid!

The whole thing is a joke.

I will happily start guided tours to Italy if people are willing to pay that.

In the other thread where I mentioned this trip, I compared it to a Triumph trip to Sardinia direction which is much longer and much cheaper.

Triumph vs MG... eh, Guzzirider?