1.4 w for 1.2 w in dash

tmcafe

While having the speedo out I found a bad bulb. There's 12/1.2 marked on it, and the manual lists 1.2w. From Autozone I got a 1.4 w (Sylvania code 74, 14v, 1.4w). Is it the correct one, ok to use? Sorry if it's a silly q.

All other warnings heeded, including checking correct insertion in holder.

And while we're on the subject, anybody know what kind of bulb goes in the license plate light? Thanks.

While having the speedo out I found a bad bulb. There's 12/1.2 marked on it, and the manual lists 1.2w. From Autozone I got a 1.4 w (Sylvania code 74, 14v, 1.4w). Is it the correct one, ok to use? Sorry if it's a silly q.

And while we're on the subject, anybody know what kind of bulb goes in the license plate light? Thanks.

Don't worry about the .2 watt.

Not sure about the lc bulb. If it is a push in (no metal base) the part number is 194. Metal base, bayonet style should be an E19.

You answered your own question: 1.2w @ 12v = 1.4w @ 14v; the bulbs have the same resistance. At least they do if what my cobwebby memory of basic electrics class 20-odd years ago is correct! :huh:

You answered your own question: 1.2w @ 12v = 1.4w @ 14v; the bulbs have the same resistance. At least they do if what my cobwebby memory of basic electrics class 20-odd years ago is correct! :huh:
Thanks, that's what I suspected.

But that was the easy part. Getting the bulbs to work consistently and sticking them back into the speedo is a fking nightmare (see the other thread). For now I'll sleep over it...

"Sleep" works for you? I always have to drink when shit doesn't go together right on my Guzzi. :drink:
Guinness for me (now I feel even better that it's recommended by the doc :D ). Sleep next. And cursing whatever comes to mind, including, obviously, Luigi.