Minor PITA

Greybeard

For no apparent reason my fast idle lever refuses to stay in the warm-up position.

Plenty of slack in the line after the high bar installation; it'll move into position OK but the spring just shoves it into the off position.

Is there a friction adjustment somwhere?

:huh:

Err...Ok. Cool.

Unless it has to do with transplant rejection I've got a drawer full suitable replacements.

But what the hell happened?

It was working fine when I took the controls off the bars not 3 weeks ago.:huh2:

Mea culpa though, I should have asked "is there anything I can screw up on the bars to loosen the fast idle lever?"

Greybeard,mine didn't move for 2 years then all of a sudden worked perfectly and just as quickly became stiff.Common problem.

There is a belief that the factory flipped the seat latch and FI lever springs.They install those on Thursdays and that is 3 for 1 Grappa days in Mandello :bier:

Michael

Ha,Ha,Ha,

Yup same here,surrounded by the Italian side of my family for 20 or so years and have dated some 1st generation signorinas,lotta passion,lotta craziness,... :wacko:

PS Did you see the Catskill ride thread? Hope you can join us,....

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15142

Oh, I dearly wish I could, but these old bones and some internal systems are only good for about 100-125 miles at a clip.

I make up for a short tune with a quick and tricky tempo though! :D

Gray hair, a steady hand and at least a vague recollection of where the next turn is and I'm a happy man. B):oldgit:

Okay, well, swapping the springs (unfortunately) puts the stiffer return spring on the fast idle, making the seat easier to remove (and it does). Trouble is, this will just push your fast idle off with more gusto. I'm not so sure what "holds" the fast idle on. It is easier to deal with a "stiff" lever by lubricating and swapping springs.

To me, it feels like all the friction is in the handlebar lever itself. You say you had the bars apart?

Okay, well, swapping the springs (unfortunately) puts the stiffer return spring on the fast idle, making the seat easier to remove (and it does). Trouble is, this will just push your fast idle off with more gusto. I'm not so sure what "holds" the fast idle on. It is easier to deal with a "stiff" lever by lubricating and swapping springs.

To me, it feels like all the friction is in the handlebar lever itself. You say you had the bars apart?

Yes. Had all the controls off for the bar swap.

Raz, the fast idle lever on the V11 wraps completely around the bar rather like the throttle and is held onto the clutch bar mount with 2 screws.

I'll just try one from my stock and see how it works out.

OR...better yet!

I'll lash my steering damper onto the assembly!

Hell, it serves no purpose anyway! ;)

:P