Replacement cans,

NakedV

Apologies if this is a dumb question but....................... All my past bikes were fitted with conventional carbs, if I changed the silencers or air filters to let the engine breath better I had to change the jets to compensate. As the V11 is fuel injected will the various sensors pick up the change in back pressure etc. and adjust the fuel injection rate to suit. The bikes a 2001 model V11 sport, standard as far as I know. Cheers all. Mick.

You time for can install these parts if you want. If there are any side effects, it will be time for a PC (PowerCommander) or some such device to adjust for lean or rich spots. The PC with a properly mapped program will get you wher you want to be.

p.s. the Mistrals are alleged to be the best!

the best thing you can do is to get the PWR commancder and find somebody skilled enough to match you a reliable fuel map :sun:

Dear Nekkid V,

Read the above comment 3 times and DO IT!

I bought a set of mistrals and just put them on . Bike run great. then got a set of MG titanium cans with the ECU and bike still runs great. I would just get new exhausts and if you think it needs tuning go to a reputable dealer with a axone and let him tune it. Just my :2c:

Gary

Just noticed your avatar, could you move to the side your blocking the view :D

Dear Nekkid V,

Read the above comment 3 times and DO IT!

The plot thickens! I've been back onto the guy I bought the bike off. The bike was the personal ride for the press officer for Moto Guzzi, Confirmed by Corsa Italiana, started out as issued by Moto Guzzi (He actually bought it at some stage as his own bike) she has a "performance" ECU with no rev' limiter and has no need of a power commander, (last owner's words, not mine). A local dealer's bike mechanic (Guzzi enthusiast, V11 le Mans etc. etc.) has ridden it and said "Bloody hell", Will have to look into what I've actually bought. Gaaaaawd, I love this bike! Would help if I knew vwhat I was looking for. Regards all, Mick

The plot thickens! I've been back onto the guy I bought the bike off. The bike was the personal ride for the press officer for Moto Guzzi, Confirmed by Corsa Italiana, started out as issued by Moto Guzzi (He actually bought it at some stage as his own bike) she has a "performance" ECU with no rev' limiter and has no need of a power commander, (last owner's words, not mine). A local dealer's bike mechanic (Guzzi enthusiast, V11 le Mans etc. etc.) has ridden it and said "Bloody hell", Will have to look into what I've actually bought. Gaaaaawd, I love this bike! Would help if I knew vwhat I was looking for. Regards all, Mick

The "race" ECU that came with the Ti exhaust kit needs a Power Commander [or similar] just as much as the stock ECU, unless you're using it w/ the Ti pipes it was developed by the factory to match.

If your bike has the Ti pipes and the matching "race" ECU, then you'll still benefit from getting a PC3, but only if you go the full route and get it Dynolink-tuned to match the PC3 map precisely to your specific bike.

In answer to your question in the post that started this thread: No, the sensors don't make any allowances for changes to the stock set-up - any changes you make require changes to the fuel map. Guzzi used "alpha-N" fuel injection [aka "open loop'] on the V11s; even their latest models are only closed-loop at low rpms, going open-loop at something like 3k? rpms [which is where the engine starts making enough power to start to move the bike...]

If your V11 runs well, why don't you just go out & ride it before worrying about making any changes to it? It may turn out that you love it just the way it is & won't want to spend money chasing any kind of hp chimera! ;)

The "race" ECU that came with the Ti exhaust kit needs a Power Commander [or similar] just as much as the stock ECU, unless you're using it w/ the Ti pipes it was developed by the factory to match.

If your bike has the Ti pipes and the matching "race" ECU, then you'll still benefit from getting a PC3, but only if you go the full route and get it Dynolink-tuned to match the PC3 map precisely to your specific bike.

In answer to your question in the post that started this thread: No, the sensors don't make any allowances for changes to the stock set-up - any changes you make require changes to the fuel map. Guzzi used "alpha-N" fuel injection [aka "open loop'] on the V11s; even their latest models are only closed-loop at low rpms, going open-loop at something like 3k? rpms [which is where the engine starts making enough power to start to move the bike...]

If your V11 runs well, why don't you just go out & ride it before worrying about making any changes to it? It may turn out that you love it just the way it is & won't want to spend money chasing any kind of hp chimera! ;)

Hi Skeeve.

Bike runs well enough, just a little quiet. My main concern when starting this thread was that fitting after market cans (read louder), migtht upset the way the bike runs, Regards, Mike.

Those are replacements? I would of sworn they were OEM ;):blush:

I have always used stock pipes for various reasons but went with the Ti's for the Scura as it's a shame to cork up a special sounding motor.Always hated hearing an open-piped ,one in a million Harleys, go by setting off car alarms saying" look at me,look at me,mommy didn't hug me".

That said ,the Ti's are not obnoxious,nice low rumble , even well into the powerband 5-6K.The downsides are they are expensive and becoming harder to find.And you would want the one made for the up to 01 bikes.They changed from 02 on.I couldn't get the bike to run like I wanted with the race ECU and used the stock one and runs perfect.I'm sure a PC3 and good map from racerX would cure that problem.I did do a full tune-up,so adjusting the TPS probably will be needed.Not a big deal if you have never done it..A dyno run,may or may not be necessary to make it perfect.Also as it did before putting on the cans ,pings under hard acceleration.

Michael