Griso Le Mans Special Edition

Guzzirider

• 1 year later...

I think the Griso is one of the Ugliest newer models Guzzi has produced.To me,my sport 1100 looks much nicer

It depends where you view it from. From some perspectives it looks good: from others, it's lumpy-ugly. Overall, it's an odd mix of styles, shapes and purposes. Unfortunately, Century 21 Guzzi just don't seem capable of 'completeness' – good, honest design with outstandingly simple beauty and integrity. They're not alone in that, though. The Griso is about the best of the bunch and it's different enough, with more good than bad, to be special. The Stelvio was a bad mess from the start, superficially improved now; and all the Breva based variants suffer from... being based on the Breva. The Sport variant looks the best, but they gave it the wrong name: should have been a GT.

The only model from recent years that people generally agree to be a good, desirable design, is G-B's MGS. Ironically, it's the design that Piaggio Guzzi refuse to give us. Maybe they'll change their minds, eventually: when we're all too old to ride one.

:o

Happy New Year! :mg:

I think the Griso is one of the Ugliest newer models Guzzi has produced.To me,my sport 1100 looks much nicer

The initial concept that was 1st previewed (iirc) alongside the MGS-01 was absolutely hideous IMNSHO, based upon the pics seen in the various moto-rags reporting on that show. I didn't come around to liking the Griso until several years later, when Piaggio brought it over to display at the CWIMS in Long Beach in the "cappuccino" livery that they never actually put into production. In the flesh, the Griso is far more impressive & evocative than the 2d photos can communicate. :thumbsup:

It depends where you view it from. From some perspectives it looks good: from others, it's lumpy-ugly. Overall, it's an odd mix of styles, shapes and purposes. Unfortunately, Century 21 Guzzi just don't seem capable of 'completeness' – good, honest design with outstandingly simple beauty and integrity. They're not alone in that, though. The Griso is about the best of the bunch and it's different enough, with more good than bad, to be special. The Stelvio was a bad mess from the start, superficially improved now; and all the Breva based variants suffer from... being based on the Breva. The Sport variant looks the best, but they gave it the wrong name: should have been a GT.

The only model from recent years that people generally agree to be a good, desirable design, is G-B's MGS. Ironically, it's the design that Piaggio Guzzi refuse to give us. Maybe they'll change their minds, eventually: when we're all too old to ride one.

:stupid::oldgit: Yeah, that! What he said! ;)