Buell

biesel

It is heartbreaking. I had a chance to talk with Erik Buell and he is genuinely passionate, yet humble. He's done a lot for mass produced motorcycles. From what I read, I also liked how he ran his business...no egos need apply.

There are so many ways HD could have proceeded instead of cutting off their sporting wing (future downward spiral?). When will CEOs be held more accountable?

HD & their dealerships did not treat Buell, their customers, & prospective customers right at all. Prime example: HD dealership in Bellevue, WA put brand new Buells in their used building across the parking lot. There are loads of alarming comments about the do-rag HD attitude throughout HD dealerships towards Buells. Why the f*ck would I want to buy, and then have those clowns do major service on a higher-spec Buell?

Here's to brighter days ahead for both Mr. Buell and American sport cycles.

Definitely very sad - Buell is always a brand whose products I've loved for many years. They're neat-looking, the newer ones ('03) work quite well, and they're an absolute giggle to ride. If blasting down some curvy roads on a CityX doesn't make you smile, you're a soulless monster.

A buddy of mine (an XB9SX owner) and I went to a local Buell dealer - H-D is giving incentives to clean out remaining inventory. He ended up buying an 1125R while they're still available. The sales guy said he'd sold more Buells in two days than in the past several months because of the heavy discounts H-D was offering on them. It's depressing to see that $5000+ off MSRP was what it was taking to sell such amazing motorcycles... but that's the state of our economy, and the American motorcycle-buying public as a whole. I had a plan to get onto a new Buell at some point - the CityX would be a perfect every-day commuter/time consumer for my needs - doesn't look like that'll come to be (I didn't have enough cash outlay to walk out with the XB12Scg I put a bid on), I'll have to find a used one...

GOD DAMN IT, I wanted to get a buell, at some point, now I think I will, this is sad.

If you haven't already, right now is the time. The standard H-D incentive on the 1125R/CR is $5000 off. XB series bikes are marked down $3000. Some dealers are doing better. My friend paid $7750 OTD for an 1125R (one of the few white/blue ones in existence). Not as cheap as others have reported, but still insanely cheap for what it is all the same.

ETA : I'll report back when I get to ride the 1125R. By all other accounts I've heard, the thing is an f-ing animal...

Yup, it's sure ugly enough to be an animal, cross between a warthog and a hyena!

Steve

Yeah, well... I wish my Guzzi ran like that buell does. My Griso may look better but Buells are fun to ride.

Shouldn't this thread be moved over to this one? http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15228