v11 coppa italia moscow

unborn

hello,

i'm new to moto world and especially what is considering Moto Guzzi.

i think i don't have to explain to the forum members why i fell in love with v11 coppa italia first time i saw him.

but i'm a little bit concerned about servicing the bike

we don't a have a moto guzzi official dealer here in moscow=((

so, i'm wondering is it a problem to order parts from ebay or elsewhere?

maybe some of you are in the same situation?

need you advice, please

thanks

is it ok as an every day bike?

the v11 i wanna buy has just 950 km on it. so it' almost new, and it doesn't need any repair and hope won't need in the nearest future.

also i wonder what is gonna happen to the engine if i have even a small crash, for example: i will drop it on a side?

are there any sliders or something i can install to protect it.

Hi and welcome to the forum! Cool to have a Russian forum member.

Sliders are available at forum sponsor Rossopuro. I also have seen crashbars in front of the cylinders, but don't know the source. A lot of parts are also available at an Aprilia dealer, f.i. handlebars, grips, mirrors. Indicators are also available at your Buell dealer. The rest should be available at TLM, Stein-Dinse, etc. If you can't find parts, you can always try this forum.

The Coppa is one of the latest models in the V11 series and should be reliable. However, don't expect it to be reliable as a Jap bike!

When they are sorted the V11 is a bomb proof bike.

Hi unborn, I use my Nero as a commuter all the time, do the regular maintenence and you will be fine. I have tested the head guard in a parking lot tip over and they work well :thumbsup: These are the easiest new bikes to work on. After a great day in the saddle, don't forget, " a pivo (or three) a day steals a ruble from the Doctor's pocket, and the ride will keep the Psychiatrist broke too!!! Welcome aboard, S.H.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi and welcome to the forum! Cool to have a Russian forum member.

Sliders are available at forum sponsor Rossopuro. I also have seen crashbars in front of the cylinders, but don't know the source. A lot of parts are also available at an Aprilia dealer, f.i. handlebars, grips, mirrors. Indicators are also available at your Buell dealer. The rest should be available at TLM, Stein-Dinse, etc. If you can't find parts, you can always try this forum.

The Coppa is one of the latest models in the V11 series and should be reliable. However, don't expect it to be reliable as a Jap bike!

When they are sorted the V11 is a bomb proof bike.

Yes its cool and unusual. There almost no European/exotics bikes in Russia. Moscow and St.Petersbrg have some extremely small quantities of Euro/Italian machinery. Ducatis predominate (I helped adding more by sending one to my customer). Thee are some MV Agusta and maybe up to 6-7 Benellis betwween Moscow and St.Petersburg. I knew of only couple of Moto Guzzis.

By the way I'm Russian American so that makes two of us :D

hi to everyone and thank you for your answers.

i was searching for the info about the v11 for almost a week

and finally decided to get the bike.

so i went to the seller (private seller) with a friend of mine who is good in bikes.

but after almost an hour of useless attempts we couldn't turn the bike on because of a dead

battery.

as the owner of the bike was leaving for 2 weeks for vacations we had agreed to meet again after the 7th of december

with a new battery.

i was very close to buy the bike, i had money in my pocket and was ready to pay for it right in place.

but now, when i have more then two weeks to think it over i'm full of doubts.

want to see closer fz1n and cb1000r=))

p.s. hi to russian americans=)) ye, we don't have many italian bikes here,

you're in a big trouble if you need some parts or even oil service.

• 1 month later...
hi to everyone and thank you for your answers.

i was searching for the info about the v11 for almost a week

and finally decided to get the bike.

so i went to the seller (private seller) with a friend of mine who is good in bikes.

but after almost an hour of useless attempts we couldn't turn the bike on because of a dead

battery.

as the owner of the bike was leaving for 2 weeks for vacations we had agreed to meet again after the 7th of december

with a new battery.

i was very close to buy the bike, i had money in my pocket and was ready to pay for it right in place.

but now, when i have more then two weeks to think it over i'm full of doubts.

want to see closer fz1n and cb1000r=))

p.s. hi to russian americans=)) ye, we don't have many italian bikes here,

you're in a big trouble if you need some parts or even oil service.

Don't worry about oil or parts. By the way I ship stuff there almost everyday. Regular usage parts such as oil and air filters are not a problem at all. As for other parts all I can say its about same for any Italian bike. That means you cannot get these parts within 2 days but instead might take a week. V11 is pretty solid bike so not much will be breaking.

Both of the Japs are nice bikes and way waster then Guzzi but its not the speed but the way it rides and makes you feel. You can easily do 120-125 miles (180-200 kph) on this bike. I don't think you need to go any faster on the street. I just sold a Ducati Sport Classic BiPosto to my customer in Moscow and now we are custom building/upgrading it. You are always welcomed to call me if you have any question. My phone is in the signature line