Leaking piston rings

Banksia boi

I find it amazing that 9 times out of 10 there is a simple solution to a, seemingly, complex problem. 6 years ago my California quit on the way to work. Towed it home and let it sit for a month. I assumed it was a TPS. Took the bike to a dealer who replaced one relay. Fixed. A 3 dollar solution to a complex problem.

Ran 340 ks last weekend in moderate heat.

Mixture of high speed freeway and back roads.

Bike ran fine,used no oil,havent checked plugs yet.

Appears all good.

BB.

OK, the 'Top End Rebuild' will cost you $3,000. You may mail me a cheque.... :D

Or not!!! :lol:

Pete

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have 2 x V11 sports. One did 180,000 in 2 years while the othe has only 50 k since new. I am in need to parts. Namely big end bearing shells and piston rings. Can somebody help, I love my bikes but lately the costs in keeping them going is pushing me towards another japper. I have a Bking which has done 57k in 18 months. I have car now so and my own business so I don't get to ride as much as I like.

Steve

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have 2 x V11 sports. One did 180,000 in 2 years while the othe has only 50 k since new. I am in need to parts. Namely big end bearing shells and piston rings. Can somebody help, I love my bikes but lately the costs in keeping them going is pushing me towards another japper. I have a Bking which has done 57k in 18 months. I have car now so and my own business so I don't get to ride as much as I like.

Steve

Tried Moto Kiwi?

In your neck of the woods,Waiheke ph 09 372 5312,Fax 372 6244.

motokiwi@paradise.net.nz

BB.

Hi,

Steve

If your local folks can't supply, Moto International can. We ship all over the world. Rings're about $40 per side. Rod shells are about $16 each in stock sizes.

What happened that you need rod shells and rings?

If your local folks can't supply, Moto International can. We ship all over the world. Rings're about $40 per side. Rod shells are about $16 each in stock sizes.

What happened that you need rod shells and rings?

Greg,Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

No we are not killing Guzzis down here,my problem was mis diagnosis,fixed by our local guru Peter Roper,it was a tuning issue,see previous posts.

So for you folks down under who may be unhappy with regular dealer service,give Pete a call and hell work out for you.

BB.