could you ride a 1937 Nimbus around the world?

Danish engenuity at its best! :D

Bloody mad men are they but I wish it was me...

BR

Søren

Another great video FG. I've seen Greg's photos and bit & pieces: the video really brings it alive.

Is that your garage-workshop? Wonderful.

yep that's my garage.. I offered work space and beds.. that Klaus can have a tire off and changed in about 15 minutes and he carries all his own tools so I just watched. they were amazing.

Great job foto

Nice job Foto. I dont wonder so much as to the age of the machinery or the trip as I have been about this planet and have to state it makes more sense to be on machinery you can dissect and correct rather than machinery that is high tech and must await the replacement part. Anyone who has read the tale of two fairies on their beemers thinking they actually were on a long way round has to acknowledge the dependancy that accompanies the modern kit. I was passing through a town in the US and had a character rush out exclaiming himself. I pulled over and had a chinwag with the guy. Evidently he was an acccomplished enough rider to be able to sweep or cover the Dakar South as the repositioned rally is known. I asked him what he rode and where was it? The prepped KTM was in Argentina worked just fine until...... awaiting component from Austria. It makes far more sense to travel on something you can fix if you are indeed in the depths. I wouldnt go pursue fish with a vessel I cant make work at 0230 with 85 knots blowing and an engine room full of water. Funny how a 32 volt 40's aileron control is capable at acting as a throttle or the raw water induction can handle the flooding. The ability to relace a wheel in a bog means you can find a drier place to sleep that night. Kudos to those two bikers, totally respect what they are doing. Much different tale than to that relying on fate with a known bail out date. Nice to see, Ive run into folk in South Asia who thought it would be fun and ended up touring 30 feet behind a 10 ton as that was the only place where they wouldnt be hit! Thanks for that, it does inspire. Cheers

• 1 month later...