• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pineapple Express! and how, I was up skiing Whistler today, the damn chairlift was still dripping water on me at the peak! (2180m, 7000+ ft) Incredible after the largest snow month on record up there (November), now its gonna be like this for a week! Jetstream is wreaking havoc on you guys out east, we got bizarre weather here. Poor little Olympic mascots itchy, twitchy and scratchy are all in a dither. Big soggy lows are nothing new out here but the peak of Whistler Mtn. dont drip in January mister! Watch now some freak heat wave will strike the east in another 6 weeks and put everybody back on sandbag duty. I'll be OK though, I have my purple cape and glass of kool-aid waitin fer the WORD to join the Mayans hiding behind......shit I'd better be sure which planet, dont want to get that one wrong too! :helmet:

Guest ratchethack

Winter's Global Grip

post-1212-1263150798_thumb.jpg

". . . We can increasingly expect more exceptionally mild winters in the years to come. . ."

- Algore,
Earth in the Balance
, 1992
:rolleyes:

When it's local and intra-seasonal, it's called weather. When a trend is regional or multi-regional -- let alone global -- over a decade, it's called (ready?) climate change. ;)

59 Photos of record-shattering cold and snow

from the Northern Hemisphere, first week of 2010

(by city, list below de-duped, each photo at link below with summary of local conditions, Jan. 1-10.)

View images of wintry cold that rang in 2010 around the world – from the U.S. to Bangladesh:

MSNBC - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34689202/ns/we...7/?beginSlide=1

Frankfurt

Berlin

Vitoria

Altay

New Orleans

Omaha

Paris

Gelsenkirchen

Hanau

Burgos

Hay-on-Wye

Hunter Valley

London

British Isles (from space)

Divnogorsk

Pyeonchang

Covington

Nashville

Fairfield

Lecompton

Des Moines

Chicago

Cincinati

Glastonbury

Omsk

Amsterdam

Dunfermline, Fife

Plant City

Merritt Island

Surfside

Windsor, Berkshire

Fleet

Windsor

Bibury

Wilton

Leicestershire

Blaydon

Wuhan

Nantes

Hartley Wintney

Cleveland

Beijing

Helperby

Davenham

Greetsiel

Pickering

Lake Menteith

Sarghodha

Dhaka

Guest ratchethack
One thing about winter. It tends to be colder than summer.

Can't get a single thing by you, Heli-Jim! ;)

By the record, even the hardest of all winters tend to be um, considerably milder than this one, all across most of the No. Hemisphere -- in multiple regions, across many continents (already!), the previous most harsh Winters have been more mild for 25 or 50 years, even over a century, (see list of 59 cities above).

post-1212-1263225325_thumb.jpg

"Say Prancer -- You sure this is really a "more exceptionally mild" Global Warming Winter?"

"No worries, Bambi! We can trust Algore with his AGW and his private jet. Thanks to those pesky humans and their filthy, greedy carbon footprints, it looks like a short winter this year -- Why, Spring's right 'round the corner!" :not:

"But. . . but, Prancer! I don't see any filthy human carbon footprints!"

"Of course you don't, you silly cow -- They're buried under 4 feet of new-fallen Anthro-Global Warming!"

"Arrgh. I'm stuck. Can you back up?" :lol:

Guest ratchethack

This VIDEO's from the ever-expanding, and well-worn, "You Simply Can't Make This Stuff Up!" file (see link below):

It's one thing when the deer get confused over Global Warming. :huh:

But those dastardly big carbon-footprint-tracking humans can't be as confused as ruminants are, f'er cryin' out loud! -- Err, can they?!?!?

Thankfully, Algore has clearly explained it to the Obama Administration, so the Press Secretary can explain it to the USA at Press Conferences!

Today, the ObamaNation is on official record (this is a first!):

Global Warming causes Global Cooling! :homer:

Check out the reporter in the front row (your left). He can't keep a straight face. . . The rest drank the Kool Aid back in '92. (They're brain-dead.) :grin:

The simple perfection of the twist of words and circular logic here is utterly magnificent. It's peerless in the hallowed annals of propaganda. Josef Goebbels would give Algore the full Caesarean straight-arm shoulder salute with a snappy heel-click. Engels and Lenin would doubtless prostrate themselves. :notworthy:

Only a True Master latter-day Witch Doctor such as Algore could ever pull this off. . .

Official US Press Briefing VIDEO CLIP: http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/xbsvib

Dave -- I'm begging you -- Now that The ObamaNation has taken its very first public position on the "new" meaning of Climate Change, indicating that "Global Warming" is passé, and it now means "Global Cooling", please do add the requisite extra-terrestrial spin on the true meaning of the "GW" in "AGW"? :rolleyes:

Is it time now to start referring to man-caused Climate Change as, "AGW&C"??? :wacko:

By all means, please do advise! ;)

Guest ratchethack

Say DeBen -- I just checked (just in case, y'unnerstan') and see this isn't your jurisdiction as Moderator, it's Martin's. But regardless -- do let me know if YOU think I'm having just a little too much fun here in "banter and silly remarks", won't you? ;)

Yeah, I know -- there are times when, well, we just can't have any o' that -- especially HERE. . . :o

But if at all possible, I'd like to avoid the Forum foolishness and folderol of a second precedent-setting surprise Forum trial without having broken any Forum rules, without any warning, and without any charges. . . :whistle:

As I recall, the Forum jury (poll respondents, with profuse commentary) were generally, shall we say, less than reserved about airing ALL of their objections to Yours Truly (and the horse I rode in on) :P , but they nevertheless overwhelmingly voted, "Innocent" in Trial One, and the resulting onslaught of PMs were 100% most generous, and kindly in favor of The Defense. . . But no. . . no, let's not do that again. . . ^_^

FYI I was granted with global moderator status, I'm like a demigod on here :lol:

but I don't or hardly use the powers but for points and spam, alls I is sayins to yous, is every post doesn't need to be a political manifesto essay, take'r easy esse, it started as a hate winter thread and spiraled into a anti global warming debate, but the problem is, no one else is debating it :rolleyes:

Guest ratchethack

OK, 'nother words, I'm havin' too much fun. I get it. ^_^

But if you think snow and ice hasn't long ago been converted into an obligatory political football for us all, whether you like it -- or know it -- (or not), and that no one here's gonna debate it (if that's really wot you're callin' for?), I expect you're in for an education, my friend. ;)

"When the student is ready, the teacher appears." -
Siddhartha
, Hermann Hesse