Tidy Tail/Fender Eliminator

ponti_33609

I just wanted to share this because they came really great. A guy (Spaceclam) over on the wildguzzi board made a set of 10 of these. I know most of you here have already addressed removing the fender. I will post a pic of it installed on my bike when I am finished. This design only removes the lower plastic fender portion.

Previously he made some (different design) for the Griso as well.

Bob

newtail1.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a set of LED replacement lights as well?

It is an LED light bar that he chose.

http://www.customdynamics.com/Light_bars.htm

I just recieved mine and I am quite impressed with the quality of the guy's work. He played quite a bit with the design. Most eliminators he looked at removed the lower fender along with a upper portion of a frame piece (if this makes any sense). He was going to go that way but thought this version looked better (but maybe it will not be as bare looking as let's say th FBF model). Anyway, I will post pic's when I have it installed. Like I said, I know most folks here have had their bikes a while and have already done something but thought this was worth sharing.

Bob

I will say the quality of the unit in incredible!

Bob

That much is clear. I would have joined in on the original run but I couldn't see the point [there's that being dropped on my head as a baby thing again! :lol: ]

Hi All,

Got the fender removed! Very easy,

gtail1.jpggtail2.jpg

gtail3.jpg

gtail4.jpg

a8a99bd1.jpg

Here is the before Pic.

IMGP1319.jpg

Bob

Also, I think he has a couple left over should anyone be interested. His username is SpaceClam over at Wildguzzi.

Mind my asking what he was charging for the set-up?

Mind my asking what he was charging for the set-up?

Todd,

Spaceclam charged us $115.00 delivered. The light on the Custom Dynamics website is $40.00 I believe and it must have cost $6.00 to ship and $5.00 or so for materials so I think he worked relatively inexpensively IMHO. The thing is strong as can be. He previously made a different designed eliminator for the Griso that many folks bought.

He said it really simplified things by leaving the "welded" tail that holds the lower fender on. Others he looked at removed that piece like FBF and someone elses that he looked at on-line. He also made some awesome looking dipsticks, not sure for our model for maybe $30-35.00 or around that $$$ so he is a talented guy.

I suggested he investigate fabricating a well-made braket of some sort using standard frame attachments that would allow us to attach an inexpensive hugger of some sort because now with the ugly fender gone, the big plastic hugger is an eye sore as well to my eyes. I saw some old post here where someone mounted a generic carbon fiber hugger with a bracket of some sort that he fabricated.

There isn't nearly enough stuff in that garage

Scott,

You have got to be kidding me........it is a disaster in that picture!? If you look very closely, their are TWO golf pulls carts, she prefers to ride a cart so I do not need the extra one as well as the extra set of mountain tires for my bike which currently has road tires...again extra stuff that I am not using that I do not need that are cluttering up the garage......not to mention that she couldn't pull her car in the garage when she returned home that day of the pic cause I was playing with the Guzzi in her parking spot! It really is a mess in there :lol::D

Bob

dip.jpg