valve adjustment

rossi46

Hi, Can someone please give me a link to the valve adjustment thread? I've look in FAQ section but the links only go to yahoo geocities saying 'no longer available, thanks

If it was Greg Bender's old geocities site (I think?), then he's gone commercial [not really! ;)] and you can find his stuff at www.thisoldtractor.com - don't be fooled by the home page, if you look at the bottom it gives a link to "Greg Bender's Guzzi stuff" and you can find his compendium of useful info there.

If Rossi is looking for the valve adjustment piece I did I couldn't find a new place to host it. I think I still have the files and would be happy to put it back up but I need a location.

I'm moving away from Guzzis (my V11 is for sale, my Staintune slip-ons are listed in the classified section) so I'd really like to pass it on to somebody.

Lex

Lex, sorry to see you go! If you will, send the files to me, I will put them on this site.

jaap v11lemans.com

Jaap,

Don't get too happy, you are not rid of me. I'll still stop by from time to time but I'm really moving to simplify things, I had four bikes a few months ago and when I sell the V11 I'll be down to two. Both are bikes I can get parts for or get serviced locally. The Sport has been great and this site had a lot to do with a guy who never owned a Moto Guzzi before I bought this one keeping his bike running 200 miles from the nearest halfway decent dealer. I just hope I find a good home for the beast, I've got a lot of time and money in it and I'd hate to see some goon screw it up.

Anyway, I'll try to round up the files for the valve adjustment procedure this weekend and send them to you.

Lex

Dunno what exactly are you looking for but the value of the valves could be 0.2 for each valve. In and out.

Registering isn't that difficult. Even Jaap could do that...

Antonio,

Lots of controversy on the clearance issue. Old Guzzis were much wider for the exhaust like every other engine before the Gom'it started designing motorcycles or at least limiting emissions and noise. Most of the folks I consulted when I was researching the article I wrote recommended more clearance. IIRC, the most common was 0.04" intake and 0.06" exhaust. The extra clearance (some go as big as 0.10" exhaust) gives you a little more noise but seems to result in a better running and possibly very slightly more powerful engine.

Lex

I smell a poll coming . . . "how do set your V11 valve lash?

a- 0.002/0.004

b- 0.004/0.006

c- 0.006/0.008

d- 0.008/0.010

(I vote"c")

WoW! Soooo many value?

Dunno Lex, but I am very simple and use this value also in my 1200sport. 0.02 in and out. :stupid:

Antonio, I'm pretty sure you mean "0.20mm" for both intake and exhaust. That is (roughly) 0.008 inch.

0.15mm/0.20mm is equivalent to 0.006/0.008 inch which is the most common response so far.