I hope MG gets it together

DeBenGuzzi

I put the V11 on craigslist and shot high for price because I only half want to sell it half dont. I'd really like an american style Moto guzzi cruiser, I hope the 1400 cruiser is more than a myth. I would probably consider a nice Bassa, california, Breva, 1150r, or a k1200c all with bags, but I'd probably have to come up with some cash on the difference. I put victory for an option on the ad but at the same time I could really use to pay off my credit card and use the money going to that to pay off my student loans and my car. The worst part is I KNOW I'll miss her and regret it

There is no freedom with a bank. There will always be another bike. Low rates make it easier to beat down principal. The Wind tastes better when it has no attachments or agenda- regardless of what you're riding. Sell the Ape instead.

MG never has had it together, that is the challenge of having one :thumbsup:FN-Broken.jpg

Don't do it. If you are looking to go two-up, figure out how to drop the passenger pegs, put on ape-hanger bars, whatever it takes to give her a comfortable ride. I still haven't forgiven myself for trading in my V-7 Sport in 1985, even though I really needed the money. Even at $6K, with what's on the bike it's a steal.

If you do sell it, don't sell the parts! Geez, the bodywork alone should get you another thou on Ebay.

As for the cruiser replacement, I've got two BMW's - what's a k1200c? If you mean the oilhead cruiser - ride one first. No power, no travel in the rear suspension, and looks that only a dachshund could love. There should be a Bassa/CAli out there somewhere at a reasonable price. My friend has an '09 XR1200. Not the greatest ride for two people, but he loves it. There are two used for sale at Leo's I believe, asking $8,500@.

Don't do it. If you are looking to go two-up, figure out how to drop the passenger pegs, put on ape-hanger bars, whatever it takes to give her a comfortable ride. I still haven't forgiven myself for trading in my V-7 Sport in 1985, even though I really needed the money. Even at $6K, with what's on the bike it's a steal.

If you do sell it, don't sell the parts! Geez, the bodywork alone should get you another thou on Ebay.

As for the cruiser replacement, I've got two BMW's - what's a k1200c? If you mean the oilhead cruiser - ride one first. No power, no travel in the rear suspension, and looks that only a dachshund could love. There should be a Bassa/CAli out there somewhere at a reasonable price. My friend has an '09 XR1200. Not the greatest ride for two people, but he loves it. There are two used for sale at Leo's I believe, asking $8,500@.

don't care too much for 2 up, once in awhile around town but when I want to really go somewhere its solo, I get what youre saying too, I'm so torn. I want 3 bikes but the wife is already against 2, just tolerant of it. I've heard the 1200c cruisers are dogs but I'm in no hurry just comfort, sat on a few and I could see it being pretty comfy

don't care too much for 2 up, once in awhile around town but when I want to really go somewhere its solo, I get what youre saying too, I'm so torn. I want 3 bikes but the wife is already against 2, just tolerant of it. I've heard the 1200c cruisers are dogs but I'm in no hurry just comfort, sat on a few and I could see it being pretty comfy

Cruisers are comfortable,,,,for about 15 minutes. Your tailbone will hate you. Your body becomes a human kite at speeds over 50mph. Cruisers are friggin' stupid. Sorry, I had to tell you.

The most comfortable sitting position in motorcycling today is found on most large dual sport machines.

Steve

thats why I like the breva,Ulysses, 1150r and even the k1200gs, sad but true one of my favs, with the right pegs and defiantly a windscreen I think a cruiser can fit good too.

funny I got offered a 07 SeaDoo for it with 17hrs on it, I said no deal. lame.

thats why I like the breva,Ulysses, 1150r and even the k1200gs, sad but true one of my favs, with the right pegs and defiantly a windscreen I think a cruiser can fit good too.

funny I got offered a 07 SeaDoo for it with 17hrs on it, I said no deal. lame.

Who offered the SeaDoo, Denny Hecker? (we get it).

They're right - for any serious traveling, cruisers suck. An FL would be OK, but more than you want to spend. My "Tourer" for the last few years has been an f 650 "Fundorko". With an Airhawk cushion, light (400 pounds) and very comfortable for 600 mile days. If you want more power, consider a V-Strom; dual-sport/adventure bikes are the most comfortable, unless you are looking at something like a Goldwing. I understand them, but do not speak that language.

LOL, I found my Denny Hecker Auto Connection t shirt going through some old clothes from a fan jam like 9 years ago, the shirt is shot but I should cut out the logo on the chest and frame it for the garage. lol

what about a Cali vintage? :huh:

Or if you like the riding position of Dual Sports how about a Stelvio? Got the importer's lad bringing the new NTX press demonstrator up here tomorrow. I can report back if you like??

Pete

Or if you like the riding position of Dual Sports how about a Stelvio? Got the importer's lad bringing the new NTX press demonstrator up here tomorrow. I can report back if you like??

Pete

It's too bad they don't bring the NTX into North America. Stelvio's in red do not make sense. A bike like this needs to be olive green or camo, there's no sense in making a dual sport pretty, it's not possible. Every one made from every manufacturer is ugly, the way it should be.

Steve

Pete

I would like, I would like, too bad I can't afford a 15, or is it 17k bike right now, little tight paying for the new car and aprilia. I do REALLY like the looks and idea of the stelvio NTX though, a lot. :thumbsup: if that powerball ticket pays off I'd definitely pay inflated prices just to get my hands on one.