V11S Crash Bar Search

Wildgoose

I laid my V11S down a month ago when I hit some unseen sand in a tight corner. Low speed and not a lot of damage to the bike but I did trash the aftermarket crash bar set I had on it. Along with my right knee but its on the mend OK. I have not been able to find a replacement set so far. If anyone here knows of someone who my have a set they would part with or where I could find them please let me know. If I have too I can rebuild the crashed one but its not my first choice if I can avoid it.

Thanks

You're not talking about "head guards" that fit over the plug wire and protect the valve cover? It sounds like you're after the tubular version that fastens to the frame and protects the entire cylinder . . .:huh2:

You're not talking about "head guards" that fit over the plug wire and protect the valve cover? It sounds like you're after the tubular version that fastens to the frame and protects the entire cylinder . . .:huh2:

Thats correct. The ones that were on the bike were purchased from Italy in 03' and are no longer made. They really did a good job of protecting the bike and saved me from more serious injury. I was just hopeing that some where there may be a set left over or take offs from a used bike. I have made the search on the net and most of the dealers here in the US. Its a long shot for sure. Here is a pic of the set up before the spill.

IMGA0008-1.jpg

Nope, too much diffrence in the frame design. It appears that I am pretty much out of luck for a new set. I will go ahead and rebuild the crashed one. I have the bike back on the road now and will get around to doing the rework sometime later this summer. I just heard back from TLM in Holland and they say that there is nothing available any more that they now of either. I dont think that the tubular bars that I have were very popular even when they were on the market so not a lot of them out there. Given the fact that our V11's are now a thing of the past I just feel lucky I was able to get the stock parts I needed to get it back on the road.

Just find a competent welder- jig up the busted one and weld new tubes in. It's a very simple crashbar. I'm lucky (I suppose) in that as soon as I saw one hanging in my dealers shop ~8 years ago, I bought and installed it. I hope I never have to use it, though.

Glad you are ok.

J