anyone else stranded?

At the end of a nice 3 week trip to India lots of curry and Kingfisher and curry, only to find the damn Icelandics are at it again, and I can't get home. And I'm sick of curry and Kingfisher!

Plus there's a heatwave, it was 46 degrees today, 115 or something in American, way too hot for your average Paddy, and delhi's a bit of a dump. Did I mention I've had enough curry?

Moan. :wacko:

Keep going east.

Fly to Bangkok, stay awhile. Fly to the Phillipines, Hong Kong, Japan, Oz, Tahiti, Hawaii, ConUS, Spain (which should be far enough south & west that it's not affected by airport shutdowns.)

Take a nice break at each stop. From Spain, you can catch the train. Be aware, it rarely rains on the plains in Spain. :cheese:

Charge it all to the Icelandic govt. for their failure to adequately control their atmospheric emissions. Al Bore, er, Gore must be bald about now from pulling his hair out over all the greenhouse gases this volcano is emitting: after all, one eruption dwarfs all of mankind's worldwide output & cocks his "Earth in the Balance" theory on its head. :homer:

Icelandic women are super fn hot tho, wish I was stranded on the island with them, well, as long as they don't talk because its also one of the ugliest languages

That post is "worthless" without :pic: . . . .

My son was on his way to Lanzarote, Spain with his track and field club. Now they're just training here in sunny but cold Copenhagen. He has put Iceland on the Axis of Evil BTW... :rolleyes:

Søren

[well ,still here.

Slavomir, I just came from Jaipur, and it's even hotter there!Anyway We can't really leave again, as I've a crew seat booked on the first flight out of here.

We're not doing too badly actually, we're in the tibetan conlave of Delhi, people are really nice, and it's not as manic as the rest of the city. And we have A/C. Hell we even have cable, and I've been eating nothing but chinese food for 4 days. Which is now also starting to get a bit samey, so today we even ate in macdonalds!

In case anyone's curious, a big mac here is called a maharaja mac. no beef you see....

Oh, and the tibetans don't allow alcahol, so no beer. Which I'm beginning to think is a blessing in disguise.