Gearbox spring

Baldini

I'm sure I read recent posts here from Sweep saying he was on 5th return spring, Aprilia UK had admitted the spring is a problem & had new part. I've done searches - perhaps I'm pressing the wrong buttons but I can't find it anywhere...or any recent posts from him...or anyone else on this...Sweep - are you there? Have you got a part no? ...and...who swiped the posts???!!!

:blink: KB, Wales :sun:

I've searched some more...

No posts by Sweep since April...???

It was a few weeks back, there were replies...inc mine, but that don't show up on search either...SPEAK TO ME SWEEP!!

There's something fishy here, and it isn't my underpants... :wacko:

KB, Wales.

Oh no... :wacko: ...it's spooky in here... I shouldn't have come into the workshop so late at night ...I fear I've slipped into the parallel universe under the floorboards...why yes...is that the washer Docc dropped, glinting in the gloom...? Those posts, they're probably round here somewhere...if I can just...

:o ...wait...what was that noise??!! Is there somebody there...?Did you read those posts too?...anybody...??? :blink:

KB,Wales?

Yeah, I looked ,too. Wasn't long ago but I don't see them either . . . It's all part of The Spring Conspiracy :ninja::ninja::ninja:

Jaap, where did that thread go?

Thanks Jaap...but no...

There was a thread in the past couple of months started by Sweep. He said he'd had 4 springs break in 10K miles or so. His dealer had told him that Guzzi acknowledged there was a problem and had an updated spring...he was going to post the part no. The whole thread has disappeared! :( I've emailed Sweep but had no response...

If there is a spring w/new part no. I'd really like one...

Has anyone done say 15K miles on an 02 V11 w/o this spring letting go?

What sort of mileages have people got on 02 bikes?

Cheers, KB, Wales. :sun:

Jaap - If Sweep deleted his initial post which started the thread, would that delete also all the following posts on that thread?

Ya know,

with all this talk of spring breakage, I had my dealer order both internal springs for me.

My bike is fine and I think the 01's are not on the suspect list, but I fiqure if this spring does eventually go, I won't have to possibly wait a long time for a replacement. That would suck during the riding season. :bbblll:

Oh yeah, they took about three days for my dealer to get and they cost a grand total of around 10 bucks! :thumbsup:

Just more peace of mind. :thumbsup:

Baldini,

I thought the welsh were the handy men of the britsih empire :luigi:

I saw an article in a swedish magazine about an welsh farmer and his

old racing Ducati. Lot's of home made stuff and handy man repairs on

that one.

Why order what can be home made (or at your local mechnical shop)

both internal springs

There are three springs in the shift mechanism: One to return the gear shift lever,the second to maitain contact of the preselector with the shift plate and, third, to keep the plate indexed into the proper gear.

Gthyni, I am an immigrant & am still learning the ways of my adopted country...

Until warranty is up I'm reluctant to put non Guzzi parts in the box. I'm not sure how strong it is and failure could be very expensive!

In a year's time I may well sort a better spring & retention unless Guzzi figure it themselves... :lol:

John T, It's the thin spring (one short arm w/90 bend, one long arm, 04 23 83 00 in the parts book, most likely the one you didn't get!) on the bottom of the ratchet that's the problem. It seems it's mostly just 02 bikes...

Thanks Jaap, that's bolloxed the conspiracy theory...or has it...just why did Sweep delete the thread anyway...? Did somebody...get to him... :ninja::ninja::ninja:

What do you make of it Watson?

KB, Cymru :sun: